Tone Factor Is Done :(

CrystalLake

• Members

I hope the reason for this is that Brad decided he wanted to do something else, and there just weren't enough hours in the day to do both.

Brad's one of the good guys. I wish him all the best in whatever his new endeavor is.

:thu:

Basically this.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had a little headsup on this. Brad is such a great guy. I hope I can find a way to support him in his new endeavors. I've got two MojoHand pedals on order now (for the past week) and I cannot wait to mess around with'em.

Mr Former TF, dude, let me know when the Special Delivery arrives.
If there's any freight damage, just have paypal freeze the payment ;)

• Members

Because I genuinely hope he isn't.

No need to drop F-bombs.

I find pretty {censored}ty to say something like that, unless your comment is based on something you know, and even then it's not the place to say it.

And if you know nothing it is inappropriate to say it, someone may read it and think, or imagine, that what you are saying could be true.

• Members

As an International customer, Prymaxe has cut their lunch with a better range and competitive shipping (and free patch cables!).

Unfortunately, the last dealing I had with Tonefactor involved me buying a pedal, them not having it in stock after charging me for it, and then me waiting a week to be notified and then getting my money back and getting it form Prymaxe :(

That being said, I'm pretty sure I've bought other pedals from them in the past, and it's sad to see them go. Brad was a very good guy to deal with.

• Members

I find pretty {censored}ty to say something like that, unless your comment is based on something you know, and even then it's not the place to say it.

And if you know nothing it is inappropriate to say it, someone may read it and think, or imagine, that what you are saying could be true.

Yeah it's definitely a weird thing to say and it kind of insinuates that he's had substance abuse problems in the past or that you've heard rumours to that effect. Too bad they're shutting down, I normally buy used but I will say that the Tone Factor pedal demos were pretty darned good.

• Members

They're the online store for Cranford Guitar here in NJ, about 10 minutes from me.

Cory is a helluva nice guy to deal with.

Walking in their shop is like walking into a candyland of pedals.

Cheers. I was curious, they have a big investment into it, they have not been around that much but their stock of pedals is the bigger online these days. They are also having a strong marketing approach to sales, they always have discount cupons available. I have been like 3 times almost ordering from them but I finally ended confused about the fine print, or shipping or something and didn't finish the order.

• Members
:(

{censored}... I remember when Brad was a member here, and when he setup the store... really gutted to hear Tonefactor's on the out... thanks for the amazing customer service, and for putting my old bands webpage on tonefactor all them years ago :thu:

• Members
Wait, what's wrong with Pro Guitar Shop?

Yup. I don't get it. And rather than actually stating facts about why it's a bad business, people post brief, oblique comments like we're supposed to understand. :lol:

Getting actual information about anything on this forum sometimes is like getting blood from a stone.

FWIW I've bought from PGS once, and they don't help out Int. buyers at all, so I'm not going to use them again. Tone Factor were way better, and Prymaxe are great too.

• Members

Thank you all for the kind words and the support. We've had a great run, and it's been a fun ride. We've made a lot of friends, and had the opportunity to help out a few other companies along the way. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. I've been very blessed.

There's no single reason why we're closing. I don't blame Prymaxe, PGS, or anyone really. I think things have just ran their course. It's very sad for me to walk away from it, but I will be fine.

As I said on Facebook, the best way that anyone can help or say "thanks" right now is just to help us clear our shelves.

Again, I thank you all for the support over the years. I appreciate it more than I can say. Much love.

B

• Members
Thank you all for the kind words and the support. We've had a great run, and it's been a fun ride. We've made a lot of friends, and had the opportunity to help out a few other companies along the way. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. I've been very blessed.

There's no single reason why we're closing. I don't blame Prymaxe, PGS, or anyone really. I think things have just ran their course. It's very sad for me to walk away from it, but I will be fine.

As I said on Facebook, the best way that anyone can help or say "thanks" right now is just to help us clear our shelves.

Again, I thank you all for the support over the years. I appreciate it more than I can say. Much love.

B

All the best :thu:

Archived