Tone Factor Is Done :(

CrystalLake

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's too bad to hear, always liked Brad. I sometimes thought his return policy was overly generous, and I wonder if it cost him too much in the end, but I'm just speculating. It was truly the best customer service policy I've ever seen, but maybe not the best business decision. Anyway, I hope he does well with his next adventure, Mojo Hand or whatever else it might be. A talented guy for sure.

As for the PGS hate here, not sure I quite get it. Between their weekly free pedals (including international), always supporting out BOTB with free pedals (more than anyone else), and also a pretty damn good return policy, i don't get the hate. But them I'm biased I suppose. I always thought the top 2 pedal companies were Tonefactor and PGS, but the video use by PGS was just a far superior way to draw in an audience. Other companies have clearly caught on now, and there are some other good alternatives for sure. Good to have options, but I'm sorry to see Tonefactor fold.

i didnt have acces to my personal email at work so i couldnt retrieve/ reset my password to place an order online so i called pgs to place an order with a credit card and the person that answered the phone acted like my request was completely outlandish and caught an attitude with me for trying to give his company my money. that was and will be my last interaction with pgs. had they given me a 3k tele rather than act the way they did towards me i imagine my impression would be different.

• Members

Eh, everyone can have an off day. I call them fairly often, even when they don't know who I am, but I'm always treated nice. I usually give stores a second chance, like MF when they went through their {censored} up phase (I got a strat instead of a wah pedal once), and they've been fine since then.

• Members

It sucks. I love this store. Best shipping to Canada I got so far.

ditto.

thanks for all the great deals

and i hope that only buying pedals during the deals wasn't what put them under....

i can't get to the website at the moment. they're probably getting flooded.

• Members
That's too bad to hear, always liked Brad. I sometimes thought his return policy was overly generous, and I wonder if it cost him too much in the end, but I'm just speculating. It was truly the best customer service policy I've ever seen, but maybe not the best business decision. Anyway, I hope he does well with his next adventure, Mojo Hand or whatever else it might be. A talented guy for sure.

As for the PGS hate here, not sure I quite get it. Between their weekly free pedals (including international), always supporting out BOTB with free pedals (more than anyone else), and also a pretty damn good return policy, i don't get the hate. But them I'm biased I suppose. I always thought the top 2 pedal companies were Tonefactor and PGS, but the video use by PGS was just a far superior way to draw in an audience. Other companies have clearly caught on now, and there are some other good alternatives for sure. Good to have options, but I'm sorry to see Tonefactor fold.

wassup with dat, Andy is dreamy :love:

• Members

Sad news indeed. I had the pleasure of being Brad's webmaster for 4-5 years or so, and he was always great to work with. Many calls to talk about site updates ended up talking about gear or bands and stuff.

It felt really cool to be "part" of that site for those years, because I could come over here and see how well you guys accepted it and the appreciation you had for Brad and the level of service he was giving.

It's been a couple years since I've helped out (no bad blood at all, just too many other things going on for me), but I wish him the best of luck.

Always felt bad that I wasn't one of his regular customers and buying more (not that I was buying from anyone really). Have been planning in doing a little splurging with this years bonus, but guess I'll just have to see what you guys have left on his shelf!

I think it's really cool that Brian can say what he did. I think there might be a couple other builders who are still around that we can probably say TF had a lot to do with still being relevant.

Best of luck... long live MojoHand.

Archived