best phaser for a slow sweep?

lorez

• Members

I believe the V2 Doppelganger has one of the slowest sweeps you'll find. It's lethargic to say the least - the cycle time is probably measured in minutes. It's no longer made and very expensive though. The V1 can be made to have a super slow sweep quite easily too.

This. I had one and it was beautiful. Nothing else compares really. The Doppelganger V2 is the pinnacle. The Option 5 Destination Phase is also VERY slow (they tout it as the slowest available in a commercially available phaser...and it's in STEREO!) but I could never get over the peak on that one. But it is SLOW and sounds great.

• Members

I believe the V2 Doppelganger has one of the slowest sweeps you'll find. It's lethargic to say the least - the cycle time is probably measured in minutes. It's no longer made and very expensive though. The V1 can be made to have a super slow sweep quite easily too.

This. It IS measured in minutes. That sweep is so slow you forget it's on until something starts happening with your sounds - a slooooooww whhhhoooooooosssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm not a phaser guy, but I'm never selling my Doppleganger.

• Members

I just checked - with a 1 Meg pot connected to the pedal 1 jack on a Doppelganger, you can get up to five minute single-cycle times - five times the length of the Whetstone.

Stop coming in here with facts, Phil. You will kill the hype surrounding the flavor of the month. Those who know, KNOW. Those who don't, parrot.

• Members

I just checked - with a 1 Meg pot connected to the pedal 1 jack on a Doppelganger, you can get up to five minute single-cycle times - five times the length of the Whetstone.

Doppleganger - over $500? Is it even being made anymore?

Whetstone - $265 new, $180ish used.

Does anyone really have ANY use for a 5 minute phase sweep? I'm sure the DG sounds incredible, but I've never met anyone who uses THAT much of a phaser. :lol: the whetstone should be plenty of a slow sweep for most people. :idk:

• Members

Doppleganger - over $500? Is it even being made anymore?

Whetstone - $265 new, $180ish used.

Does anyone really have ANY use for a 5 minute phase sweep?
I'm sure the DG sounds incredible, but I've never met anyone who uses THAT much of a phaser.
:lol:
the whetstone should be plenty of a slow sweep for most people.
:idk:

I use it for the slow parts. :)

Archived