IN-N-OUT Burger

Loobs

• Members

I don't really let it bother me too much...

The burgers are great too, I couldn't give a {censored} what they put on their packaging. I wouldn't define that as it being forced on me.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gourmet burger company is a kiwi one. They are gourmet Pizza company in Nz and wanted to branch out to England. But found that England and far too many pizza joints so went for burgers. It did really well and then the company got handed too the number crunchers and they have turned into {censored}. The burger is {censored}ing terrible meat pur

• Members
Last time I was in Cali I tried all the burger places we don't have here...

In-N-Out was the least impressive.

It is was pretty good but not amazing. Nothing that made me ever want to go back over all the other options out there.

I know about the secret menu stuff but if the standard burger isn't up to snuff any number of extras won't change it for me.

Wouldn't even rank it in my top 10
:idk:

We just got a smash burger here, now that's an awesome burger.

Yeah? One just opened up a mile away... was curious about it, but I haven't been in yet.

The burgers are great too, I couldn't give a {censored} what they put on their packaging. I wouldn't define that as it being forced on me.

They're pretty non-pushy about it IMO. Yes, they print small Bible verse references on their packages... heck, unless you look UNDER the cups, you'll probably never notice them... and it's not like they even print the whole verse - just the reference. I really don't see how it's that big of a deal. :idk:

For years, In-N-Out used to give away stickers:

In-N-Out

Burger

And of course, all the off-roaders and surfers out here got clever and used to cut them up so the H and R were taken off the ends of the last word of the sticker. :lol: In-N-Out knew this was happening, and I'm sure they weren't overly crazy about it given their religious beliefs, but they kept giving out that same sticker design for years anyway.

Seems they're more supportive of free speech than some of their detractors are. And I respect that about them. But I wouldn't support their business with my business if they didn't make quality products. That's why I patronize their establishment - they make a mean burger. :)

• Members

I have been wanting to open a burger joint here for a long time but it's really hard work to open a take out restaurant in the uk. I'm still playing with ideas though and keeping my eye out for a venue! The main problems are the price of meat and getting a good custom bun made.

I've tried hestons burger and didn't think it was all that great.

It isn't that great at all.

If you want to open somewhere, keep things bloody simple at first. Don't offer up a million and one options and don't {censored} around with custom buns to start with. When a restaurant launches, money is at a premium. It's far better to have a few things done really well than offering 20 different burger types. If you're doing a burger joint then get your patties and your chips right. {censored} custom buns, different dips, and all the rest. If you can't do decent patties and decent chips, there's no hope :D

Like Loobs said, where do you live?

• Members

They're pretty non-pushy about it IMO. Yes, they print small Bible verse references on their packages... heck, unless you look UNDER the cups, you'll probably never notice them... and it's not like they even print the whole verse - just the reference. I really don't see how it's that big of a deal.
:idk:

Ask Fox News if it's a big deal the day McDonalds start printing Koran extracts on the cups...

• Members

Exactly what he said ^

IF you're thinking of opening in London you have some very very stiff competition. There's a very hip burger 'scene' in London right now with trendy places opening left right and centre and offering some really great burgers. Some of these places are really critically rated, funny how the humble hamburger has now been turned into a gourmet food item in certain circles. You only have to look at the amount of big name chefs who have opened burger restaurants to see where it's going.

You could do worse to read this blog www.burgerac.com which gives the best rundown/reviews of the London burger thing.

Also, this IMO is about the best in London, it's REALLY good. http://honestburgers.co.uk/

That's hardly the same thing, I have no choice in that.

That's my point my friend. :) While I appreciate the symbolic gesture, the right of protest, and voting with your wallet, we all, knowingly or unknowingly, directly or indirectly, regularly purchase goods and services from people (or manufactured by people) whom we either disagree with in terms of philosophy, religion and / or politics, or from people who we'd rather not invite home to meet the family out of fear for their safety - IOW, nut cases of various sorts - violent criminals, rapists, spouse and child abusers, etc. Some of those people will use some of the proceeds from our purchases to support activities, causes, and candidates that we abhor. And you'd never know about it in many, many instances.

It's nearly impossible to avoid it... although again, I can appreciate the symbolic gesture - but it bears little weight and has slight effect unless it's organized and multiplied by the combined efforts of many, many people.

• Members

I can see you're a man of good taste, you should try this stuff we have called "Dominos" I'm sure you will find it the finest pizza ever.

In-N-Out has a rep for making good burgers. Dominoes hardly has a comparable level of positive reputation for making good pizzas.

However, if you don't like In-N-Out Robo, I can totally respect that. Do you have a burger place in your area that you like better? :)

• Members

In-N-Out has a rep for making good burgers. Dominoes hardly has a comparable level of positive reputation for making good pizzas.

However, if you don't like In-N-Out Robo, I can totally respect that. Do you have a burger place in your area that you like better?
:)

no, I don't eat fast food if I can help it.

I can respect that the masses today actually prefer the homogenized, processed, predictable taste of chain fast food places such as in and out with its thin grey pattys. I just can't go for that.

If I want something beefy I'll go to my buddy's sub shop and get his cheese steak, fresh cooked the minute I order it, made from thin sliced rib eye on a roll baked down the street and delivered fresh that morning.

• Members

robo shut the {censored} up, nobody cares about your hippie bull{censored}-the in-n-out burger chain

you care enough to come out of hiding and tell me so ... :thu: mission accomplished, now you can scurry off into the shadows again greedo

Archived