IN-N-OUT Burger

Loobs

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also,
can't beat these

Yes you can. You can use good tatties for a start! :D Maris Piper are in no way the best spuds for chips. Just had a load to try at work and they were rubbish. Pipers have more sugar than the Agrias we normally use and the end results were very mixed indeed. Markies and Agrias are the best we've found in the restaurant. I loved the taste of Yukon Golds when I was in Canada. The Blumenthal method might drag out a bit more starch but Pipers seem a bit starchier to me than Agrias anyhow.

• Members

As a Londoner, please tell me you've been to Ed's?

{censored}in best burgers and shakes in all of the UK, for realz.

Nah, it isn't.

Try some of these places:

Honest Burger in Brixton

Meat Liquor in the West End

Lucky Chip in Hackney

Admiral Coddington in the West End.

Byron is also about a million times better than Ed's Easy Diner.

• Members

F**k yeah! IN-N-OUT was just next to the apartment me and two other guys rented in Hollywood when we attended Musicians Institute. Those juicy, meaty, delicious burgers are some of my best memories of LA. If I ever go back, they will be my staple diet. There just is no substitute here in Sweden. Nor elswhere I bet!

• Members

In-N-Out is so pervasive here that there are 40 year old imitators just as good. The secret menu is what I love most about In-N-Out. It is not so much a secret as it is they will make whatever you want if the ingredients are on hand. Root beer floats and Neapolitan shakes rule. You can get a salad if you do not mind one choice of dressing.

These days my order is animal fries with chopped chilies and a flying dutchman with whole grilled onion thrown on top. Buns are for suckers.

• Members

Last time I was in Cali I tried all the burger places we don't have here...

In-N-Out was the least impressive.

It is was pretty good but not amazing. Nothing that made me ever want to go back over all the other options out there.

I know about the secret menu stuff but if the standard burger isn't up to snuff any number of extras won't change it for me.

Wouldn't even rank it in my top 10 :idk:

We just got a smash burger here, now that's an awesome burger.

• Members
Uh-huh, parfrying is the term my brain didn't use, mostly because I'd done a 13 hour chef shift
:D
What vinegar do you use when you soak them? Also, what potatoes do you use?

Just a little white vinegar will do. Sometimes I'll use malt vinegar if I'm out of white vinegar. For potatoes it depends. I like to mix it up. Russets, Yukon Gold, blue potatoes, Kennebecs. Sometimes I'll also use peanut oil to fry them in. :)

• Members

Last time I was in Cali I tried all the burger places we don't have here...

In-N-Out was the least impressive.

It is was pretty good but not amazing. Nothing that made me ever want to go back over all the other options out there.

I know about the secret menu stuff but if the standard burger isn't up to snuff any number of extras won't change it for me.

Wouldn't even rank it in my top 10
:idk:

We just got a smash burger here, now that's an awesome burger.

I kinda feel the same way. It's pretty good, but over-hyped.

• Members

if you live in LA and think in-n-out is better than umami burger, you're a fool

Umami burger is overpriced and uber pretentious. We've got one here in SF. It's not any better than the other high end burger places here that grind their own meat and make their own buns like Disco Volante, Super Duper Burger and Kwik-Way...it's just more expensive and the servers are douche bags. After all the hype it got I was pretty disappointed with the burger overall. Sure it's better than In and Out but frankly In and Out is the lowest acceptable point on the burger scale for me these days. In and Out is a decent fast food burger. :o

• Members

if you live in LA and think in-n-out is better than umami burger, you're a fool

o hey LA hipster, got a pic of that too from a few months ago visiting my sister in LA. she lived like right around the corner from umami.

LOVED the dips they give out too. mmm. servers were real nice for me, must be the water in San Fran. and yea, i've been to better burger places than Umami but it was still a solid {censored}ing burger :thu:

7254962062_3703143eb3_b.jpg

in-n-out is just one of the better trashy burger joints. and they treat their employees well and have good policies for them from what i hear. umami definitely a more quality place.

• Members

LOVED the dips they give out too. mmm. servers were real nice for me, must be the water in San Fran. and yea, i've been to better burger places than Umami but it was still a solid {censored}ing burger
:thu:

Maybe they do things differently at the one in LA or something. Dips don't make up for a bland burger. I was surprised at how bland their meat was. It definitely doesn't taste as good as it looks. It was OK...nothing I'd be willing to pay their ridiculous asking price for again. :o

• Members

Do you guys have gourmet burger kitchen in the states? They used to do a mean venison burger with cranberry sauce.

Never heard of it. Sounds interesting. Probably would be good with a little brie on it too. :thu:

My biggest burger surprise...and I don't care for Fudrucker's regular burgers, but their Kobe burger (they obviously don't use real Japanese Kobe at those prices) is really tasty. I a/b'd it against the regular burger my wife got expecting it to be pretty much the same flavor wise but I was pleasantly surprised. Definitely worth the up charge if you happen to be going there. Not worth the bother otherwise.

Archived