WOT: Vodka

Snufkino

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yeah, it's wretched stuff . . .

when I was in the spirit business; we used to joke about consumers who "prefer" expensive vodka over smirnoff or skyy. There is literally NO DIFFERENCE in flavor of cheap Smirnoff vs the most expensive whatever brand once you add the slightest measure of juice or tonic or vermouth. None. If you drink vodka straight over ice; there's a chance that you can discern a difference but true double-blind testing would likely be non-conclusive that you could actually tell the diff. No one can prove otherwise.

"I can totally tell the diff between Smirnoff and Ketel One"; I call bull{censored}

I mostly agree with this. If your mixing with anything, just grab a bottle that's not Popov or Aristocrat.

You should probably just not drink vodka at all though.

• Members

None. Vodka is for high school kids.

:lol:

in other news, eastern europe and upper asia is full of teenagers

and I dont know validity of this, but Smirnoff tends to always win or rate high in those blind taste tests. thats what we had in the house growing up, and thats what I usually have on hand for straight or mixed drinks. crazy expensive vodkas seems very wrong, like mints that would cost 5x more than stuff you buy at the register check out, but are pretty much the same thing, YMMV.

• Members

you can if you have a Polish deli in your town, I have a bottle in my cabinet right now
:idk:

There are some imported ones, but they're not the same ones as in Poland. They can't legally export those because of the agricultural concerns. Kind of like the worm in Tequilla's.

It doesn't really effect the taste, I'm just being a corksniffer....

• Members

and I dont know validity of this, but Smirnoff tends to always win or rate high in those blind taste tests. thats what we had in the house growing up, and thats what I usually have on hand for straight or mixed drinks. crazy expensive vodkas seems very wrong, like mints that would cost 5x more than stuff you buy at the register check out, but are pretty much the same thing, YMMV.

I'd say that's probably not the case. Smirnoff is pretty awful.

• Members

There are some imported ones, but they're not the same ones as in Poland. They can't legally export those because of the agricultural concerns. Kind of like the worm in Tequilla's.

It doesn't really effect the taste, I'm just being a corksniffer....

I'm sure it wasn't legally exported, many things in those back rooms aren't. But yeah I have the grass leaf in there and everything.

I think you can get the honey clove version off any liquor store shelf which most people would prefer anyway. Zambrowka tastes like Xmas so much that it's almost niche as seasonal in our house :lol:

• Members

I'm sure it wasn't legally exported, many things in those back rooms aren't. But yeah I have the grass leaf in there and everything.

I think you can get the honey clove version off any liquor store shelf which most people would prefer anyway. Zambrowka tastes like Xmas so much that it's almost niche as seasonal in our house
:lol:

Ahhhhh, I think you're talking about Krupnik. My buddies and GF always laugh when my mom busts out some Krupnik or gorzka zoladkowa and starts doing shots. Those are both great when they're cold. That stuff bring me back, last time I was in Poland visiting family, I think I drank my weight in vodka :lol:

Archived