instant lo-fi junky = instant boards of canada

spoonie g

• Members

it's name is basically a good description for it. i'm sure it's not for everyone, but i've always been into wrecking my signal and going for atypical sounds.

it reminded me of this when i first started messing around with it:

[video=youtube;BZ2BT3SBO9U]

• Members

wouldnt most chorus/vibrato pedals with a blend knob do that? just saying..

well, many of their songs have this warbly modulation and lo-fi nature (that is kind of reminiscent of a warped record) that the lo-fi junky does in spades.

• Members

el capistan with the delay off does it well, as does a combo of pitch pirate and whetstone, both set really slow. the LFLJ does sound awesome but I was never sold on it because it doesn't apply the effect to your live/dry signal. I was hoping that when the realtime lofi was released it would do it, but I was pretty disappointed with all the clips I've heard (though I haven't had a chance to try it myself so maybe all demos are just doing it wrong?).

• Members

the LFLJ does sound awesome but I was never sold on it because it doesn't apply the effect to your live/dry signal.

I don't know, as I'm not you, but that's what it does (applies the LFLJ to your dry signal). Not sure what else you're expecting.

• Members

I don't know, as I'm not you, but that's what it does (applies the LFLJ to your dry signal). Not sure what else you're expecting.

Lo Fi Loop Junky is not the same as the Instant Lo Fi Loop Junky

• Members

I thought that the LFLJ applied the effect to the loop, and you couldn't have the modulation without the loop (hence people wanting the instant lofi). am I wrong and you CAN apply the modulation/lofiness to your live signal?

• Members

I thought that the LFLJ applied the effect to the loop, and you couldn't have the modulation without the loop (hence people wanting the instant lofi). am I wrong and you CAN apply the modulation/lofiness to your live signal?

I think that was the aim of the pedal, but I've never used them side by side, so I can't attest to the sonic similarities exactly.

Archived