Post what you think is the ultimate TGP guitar

• Members

And you'd better believe it's going through a Klon into a Two Rock. Wouldn't dare show my face at the blues jam with my dentist bros with anything less.

These parodies are getting old.

• Members

And you'd better believe it's going through a Klon into a Two Rock. Wouldn't dare show my face at the blues jam with my dentist bros with anything less.

don't forget his cables, i'm sure for the price of his cables i could be 3 realistic guitars, and i think there is his banking executive friend there playing drums

• Members

The scary thing is some doctor, dentist or lawyer paid a ridiculous amount of money to look that bad while playing in their family room in their khakis.
:(

Scarier: Maybe they are knockin out sweet covers of Mustang Sally or Brown Eyed Girl with their Commitments-style cover band; getting the cougs all lathered.

• Members

^ what is that? some gilmour model?

I was trying to make the joke that they pay big bucks for strat copies that look like Fenders, but are made by hand by a luthier with mojo.

Doesn't matter who made it.......anything more than $1k for a strat is crazy. Expensive Tele copies are even funnier.

• Members

I think the stereotypical TGP ultimate whatever would actually be like an original '54 strat that Eric Johnson used to record a few overdubs on Ah Via Musicom with. Would I like that guitar? Sure.

I browse TGP now and then and never noticed any gauche faux dragon inlaid guitars with holographic fire. I think it's kind of funny that they talk about GAS like it's an actual psychological issue but I don't really care.

Archived