HCFX Fantasy Football 2012-2013

Crxsh

• Members

For fantasy reasons, think Cam will be just fine (hope so, top QB in an auction for a 3 year keeper period), but I agree about the Panthers. I see the Falcons and Saints coming down a bit this year. Falcons because they overachieved a bit last year, Saints because of the bounty mess and subsequent shakeup.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by jhamnett

View Post

For fantasy reasons, think Cam will be just fine (hope so, top QB in an auction for a 3 year keeper period), but I agree about the Panthers. I see the Falcons and Saints coming down a bit this year. Falcons because they overachieved a bit last year, Saints because of the bounty mess and subsequent shakeup.

Saints maybe, but Falcons I think will be as good or better with that crazy passing attack.

• Members

I'm in two leagues this year, one Yahoo, and one ESPN. The Yahoo one I co-started with my guitarist, 10 man(9 guys, 1 girl) PPR, and I had the 3rd pick. I gots:

QB - Brees

RB - Michael Turner, Pierre Thomas (currently negotiating a trade to get Reggie Bush for Turner)

WR - Victor Cruz, Wes Welker

Flex - Torrey Smith

TE - Gronkowski

D/ST - Seattle

K - Jason Hanson

Bench: Russell Wilson, Robert Turbin, Kendall Wright, Heyward-Bey, Justin Blackmon, Jared Cook

The ESPN is 10 team standard scoring, 5th overall pick, I got:

QB - Stafford

RBs - McCoy, Peyton Hillis

WRs - Victor Cruz, Brandon Marshall

Flex - Antonio Brown

TE - Aaron Hernandez

D/ST - Texans

K - Crosby

Bench: Torrey Smith, Cutler, Donald Brown, Greg Olsen, Cedric Benson, Mike Tolbert, Giants Defense

I just want week 1 to be here ALREADY.

• Members

And my prediction: Panthers will challenge for, if not win, the NFC South. The Saints D has never been stellar, and the sanctions hurt that part of their team the most, so they're taking a step back. Offensively, ATL, CAR, and NO are all stacked, with the Panthers being the most underrated. Greg Olsen is a stud TE, Steve Smith will have another great year, and we all know what Cam is capable of. Add Mike Tolbert, who, when healthy, could help take some of those sketchy goal line dives to protect Cam a little more, who I think will throw more and run less than he did last year. I think this and the NFC East will be the most interesting divisions to follow this season, and this is coming from a Jets fan.....yes, I know.....

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by captions87

View Post

I'm in two leagues this year, one Yahoo, and one ESPN. The Yahoo one I co-started with my guitarist, 10 man(9 guys, 1 girl) PPR, and I had the 3rd pick. I gots:

QB - Brees

RB - Michael Turner, Pierre Thomas (currently negotiating a trade to get Reggie Bush for Turner)

I would not trade Turner for Bush.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by redprince

View Post

I would not trade Turner for Bush.

I picked up Turner because all the great RBs were taken, and I used my first pick on Brees. In a PPR league, I need RBs who will also catch a lot of passes, and I feel in Atlanta, Jacquizz will be the guy for that job over the Burner. Whereas in Miami, Reggie Bush is pretty much all they got right now, talentwise (aside from Tannehill). So I would expect him to see the ball a lot, either through the ground or air.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by captions87

View Post

I picked up Turner because all the great RBs were taken, and I used my first pick on Brees. In a PPR league, I need RBs who will also catch a lot of passes, and I feel in Atlanta, Jacquizz will be the guy for that job over the Burner. Whereas in Miami, Reggie Bush is pretty much all they got right now, talentwise (aside from Tannehill). So I would expect him to see the ball a lot, either through the ground or air.

Bush has more value in PPR but still not sure he's a better option than Turner.

• Members

Just finished drafting in a 10 team league. I drafted #1. Aaron Rodgers.

What is with the strategy of drafting a RB first? The top-3 QB's score damn near 100 more points per season on average. Did I do it wrong?

Drafting RB first makes sense because there are much less good RBs and you need more of them. Sure the top three QBs score highest, but the next 10 QBs don't score much lower. On the other hand, after the top RBs the dropoff is much worse. So you'll get your points from Rogers but you'll make much less points with subpar and crappy RBs, thus someone with Rivers and a great RB and another good/ok RB will actually get more points because Rogers to Rivers is not as bad as Rice to Hightower for example. Capeesh?

• Members

Team A: Vincent Jackson

Team B: Peyton Hillis & Justin Blackmon

Who wins this trade? PPR league.

I'm not high on Freeman and TB like some guys here, but I still say Jackson...because Blackmon is too much of an unknown, though Hillis will probably get solid reps. But it's a PPR league too, so Jackson.

• Members

i came out of the UG fantasy draft with this:

1. (8) Calvin Johnson

(Det - WR)

2. (13) Matthew Stafford

(Det - QB)

3. (28) Greg Jennings

(GB - WR)

4. (33) Steven Jackson

(StL - RB)

5. (48) Ahmad Bradshaw

(NYG - RB)

6. (53) Reggie Bush

(Mia - RB)

7. (68) Dwayne Bowe

(KC - WR)

8. (73) Jason Witten

(Dal - TE)

9. (88) Jonathan Stewart

(Car - RB)

10. (93) Robert Meachem

(SD - WR)

11. (108) Seattle

(Sea - DEF)

12. (113) Dan Bailey

(Dal - K)

13. (128) Dustin Keller

(NYJ - TE)

14. (133) Matt Schaub

(Hou - QB)

15. (148) Alex Henery

(Phi - K)

16. (153) Emmanuel Sanders

(Pit - WR)

pretty happy with it tbh. found it odd not taking a RB until r4 but think it worked for me.

/australian

• Members

Drafting RB first makes sense because there are much less good RBs and you need more of them. Sure the top three QBs score highest, but the next 10 QBs don't score much lower. On the other hand, after the top RBs the dropoff is much worse. So you'll get your points from Rogers but you'll make much less points with subpar and crappy RBs, thus someone with Rivers and a great RB and another good/ok RB will actually get more points because Rogers to Rivers is not as bad as Rice to Hightower for example. Capeesh?

This man knows his Fantasy Football.

• Members

This man knows his Fantasy Football.

Thank you, but oddly enough this strategy actually hurt me. I completely forgot that we cut down the amount of running backs, and since we are a PPR league drafting 3 good RBs was a bit much. I would probably take Rice first still, but then I would have taken WRs earlier. Another lesson, know your leagues setup! Lol

Archived