HCFX Fantasy Football 2012-2013

Crxsh

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Crxsh

View Post

Did a little research on 12-team rosters. Opinions are all over, but two options I sorta like (in order) are...

1. Dropping the Flex spot (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1DST, 1K)

2. Dropping to 1 RB (1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1FLEX, 1TE, 1DST, 1K)

And having a 4-man bench + 1 IR seems to work in either model. I can see arguments for wanting to keep developmental players and handcuffs, but smaller benches help keep the waiver wire relevant. Which I like.

Thoughts?

I prefer the 2nd option there (1 RB, 1 Flex). That way, you can choose between basically a 2nd RB or a 3rd WR.

Plus, having the Flex position will probably make free agency more fun and active.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mostly just echoing what other people have said. I'd be cool with opening it up to 12 people. The more the merrier. But I do want to keep the waiver wire respectable. One of the reasons I did well last year was picking up Gronkowski off of waivers. Also, I like moving to 6 playoff spots, and I prefer having a flex position.

• Members

View Post

Did a little research on 12-team rosters. Opinions are all over, but two options I sorta like (in order) are...

1. Dropping the Flex spot (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1DST, 1K)

2. Dropping to 1 RB (1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1FLEX, 1TE, 1DST, 1K)

And having a 4-man bench + 1 IR seems to work in either model. I can see arguments for wanting to keep developmental players and handcuffs, but smaller benches help keep the waiver wire relevant. Which I like.

Thoughts?

I like the second option. 1 RB 1 FLEX is more like what actual teams in actual football do. I always thought the option to start 3 RBs (with the 2 RB 1 FLEX system) was a bit silly.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by davenoid

View Post

Mostly just echoing what other people have said. I'd be cool with opening it up to 12 people. The more the merrier. But I do want to keep the waiver wire respectable. One of the reasons I did well last year was picking up Gronkowski off of waivers. Also, I like moving to 6 playoff spots, and I prefer having a flex position.

Some league you were in...Gronk on waivers?!?

As far as everything else goes...I prefer 10...but I guess we can do 12. And best time for me is also really late at night, like 11 pm central if possible...eek.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by redprince

View Post

No one in our league drafted him. I also picked up Darren Sproles, Nate Washington, and Laurent Robinson on waivers. But I also picked up some duds. I'm pretty active on the waiver wire.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by redprince

View Post

As far as everything else goes...I prefer 10...but I guess we can do 12. And best time for me is also really late at night, like 11 pm central if possible...eek.gif

View Post

No one in our league drafted him. I also picked up Darren Sproles, Nate Washington, and Laurent Robinson on waivers. But I also picked up some duds. I'm pretty active on the waiver wire.

He's talking about THIS league. Our league. icon_lol.gif And nobody drafted Gronk because everybody thought Aaron Hernandez was gonna be 'the man' in NE after his 2010 campaign. And for 2 weeks before the knee injury... he was. (Though Gronk still had a great first 2 games as well.)

And Sproles took everybody off guard. I don't think anybody predicted the monster year he had.

Both were great snags for you though.

• Members

View Post

Me too... But I didn't come close to the pickups you had. I DID pick up Demarco Murray though, and he was HUGE for me before he got hurt.

• Members

View Post

He's talking about THIS league. Our league. icon_lol.gif And nobody drafted Gronk because everybody thought Aaron Hernandez was gonna be 'the man' in NE after his 2010 campaign. And for 2 weeks before the knee injury... he was. (Though Gronk still had a great first 2 games as well.)

And Sproles took everybody off guard. I don't think anybody predicted the monster year he had.

Both were great snags for you though.

Lol, no way...I'm so slow on the wire...facepalm.gif

• Members

chat vs non-chat
;)

LOL! Awesome.

And with all the PM's I've received today, we're more than full. Still need Greg to PM me his details though. And I'll give Jordan until Friday to let me know if he wants to be back in. If not, someone else will get that spot.

• Members

LOL! Awesome.

And with all the PM's I've received today, we're more than full. Still need Greg to PM me his details though. And I'll give Jordan until Friday to let me know if he wants to be back in. If not, someone else will get that spot.

pick me, pick me

Archived