QB: Rivers

RB: Foster

WR: Welker, Green, DJax

TE: Hernandez

DST: Niners

K: Crosby

Bench: Doug Martin, Titus Young, Fred Davis, Seahawks DST

...I did pretty well, I think.

Never trust Phillip Rivers or any 2nd year QB.

But yeah... My team sucks in this league.

My church league, however...

QB: Tom Brady

RB: CJohnson, Doug Martin

WR: Demaryius Thomas, Dwayne Bowe

TE: Jimmy Graham

Flex: RBush/Meachem/JStewart

D/ST: Chicago

K: Bironas

I feel REALLY good about that one. My wife's in that one too, and she has a REALLY impressive team too.

• Members

I was partying in a barn last night, but set up my autodraft well before and managed everything, making some decisions myself from my phone whilst partying.

I got a pretty sick team, very happy with it.

QB A Rodge, and Flacco

RB AP, Mark Ingram, Legarrette Blount

WR Stevie Johnson, Torrey Smith, Justin Blackmon

TE Jimmy Graham and Jermaine Gresham

D Bills

K Dan Carpenter

Pretty love.gif

Discount double check

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by delayed delay

View Post

Never trust Phillip Rivers or any 2nd year QB.

I put a lot of stock in Rivers a couple years ago and got burned... so I'm hoping that this year works out better. I'm not in love with him as my QB in our league, but he might have enough upside for me to remain hopeful. Honestly

• Members

Just finished an auction draft that'll set up keepers for the next two years. Liking my team so far. It's a 12 team league starting 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, D/ST, and K. We had a $220 budget and scoring is very skewed towards QBs.

QB: Newton ($51), Freeman ($9), R Wilson ($1)

RB: Peterson ($45), Lynch ($32), D Wilson ($3), Demps ($1)

WR: Jennings ($40), CAR Steve Smith ($17), Bryant ($6), Rice ($3), R Moss ($1)

TE: Hernandez ($8), Winslow ($1)

D/ST: SEA ($1)

K: Gostowski ($1)

Rodgers went for $100, Brady for $78, and Brees for about $85. Ridiculous bidding wars.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by redprince

View Post

My HCFX team...

QB Tony Romo, Jay Cutler

RB Ray Rice, Jamal Charles, Steven Jackson

WR Brandon Lloyd, Demayrius Thomas, Heyward Bay

TE Tony Gonzalez, Jared Cook

D Eagles

K Mike Nugent

Looks like another championship team for me love.gifwave.gifeek.gif

Looks like it.

• Members

Not so sure. You can only start 2 of those RB's... and it's a PPR league. So I've got the #1 RB in Foster and the #1 WR in Welker. QB may end up being a wash, but I like AJ Green over any of your guys... and a potentially resurgent DeSean Jackson could end up being great too. (Or could be a bust again, in which case I'm hoping Doug Martin and/or Titus Young are the sleeper picks they're touted to be.) Thomas could end up being a really bright spot for you w/ Manning in Denver though, yet from all the pre-draft stuff I was reading, Decker is the better route-runner

• Members

Welker is not the #1 WR in the league. Calvin Johnson is better for sure, and there are a lot of guys who are on par in not better. Lloyd could be the Pat this year for all we know. He's got that big play ability that Moss had, and we all know how well he did.

I like AJ Green, but he is the Bengals only offensive option. He may see a lot of looks, but expect double coverage, and defenses geared to shutting him down.

• Members

I think Rice will have a better year than Foster, even if both healthy. Schaub is healthy and will be throwing, especially with Andre Johnson healthy, and Fosters backup Tate was doing very well from what I hear and will get a good workload. Rice on the other hand will have to take the brunt of the burden, Flacco is no good and their recieving core is not special. Brandon Lloyd is expected to have a very good year and Demaryius Thomas is still the biggest physical threat in Denver. And my RB situation should be just fine, at first I was frustrated, but then realized that Jamal Charles health is no guarantee and Steven Jacksons production could hit a snag finally, but both is less likely so I will use whichever does not fall to unfortunate circumstances. So I like my RB scenario better than yours, I would say you have a slight edge on WR because of AJ, but Welker I think is not repeating his performances of previous years. But it is all speculation and anything can happen, I like my teams upside is what I guess I'm trying to say.

The Leftovers kind of scare me though...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Gun

View Post

Welker is not the #1 WR in the league. Calvin Johnson is better for sure, and there are a lot of guys who are on par in not better. Lloyd could be the Pat this year for all we know. He's got that big play ability that Moss had, and we all know how well he did.

I like AJ Green, but he is the Bengals only offensive option. He may see a lot of looks, but expect double coverage, and defenses geared to shutting him down.

Apologies, in our PPR league, Welker is the #2 projected WR. Behind CJ. And Green is #6.

Quote Originally Posted by d4rk0

View Post

I'm in.

Yay! wave.gif

Quote Originally Posted by redprince

View Post

I think Rice will have a better year than Foster, even if both healthy. Schaub is healthy and will be throwing, especially with Andre Johnson healthy, and Fosters backup Tate was doing very well from what I hear and will get a good workload. Rice on the other hand will have to take the brunt of the burden, Flacco is no good and their recieving core is not special. Brandon Lloyd is expected to have a very good year and Demaryius Thomas is still the biggest physical threat in Denver. And my RB situation should be just fine, at first I was frustrated, but then realized that Jamal Charles health is no guarantee and Steven Jacksons production could hit a snag finally, but both is less likely so I will use whichever does not fall to unfortunate circumstances. So I like my RB scenario better than yours, I would say you have a slight edge on WR because of AJ, but Welker I think is not repeating his performances of previous years. But it is all speculation and anything can happen, I like my teams upside is what I guess I'm trying to say.

The Leftovers kind of scare me though...

That's why the play the game, I guess. And I don't disagree... your team has a lot of upside potential. (And honestly, I think Foster/Rice/McCoy are sort of a coinflip, injury notwithstanding. And Rice is the safest bet in that department.) I mean, Lloyd could be a star or kinda mediocre. I know this much

Archived