HCFX Fantasy Football 2012-2013

Crxsh

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by homestar_kevin

View Post

If we really want a change and jhamnett doesn't want to do it while running his other leagues, I will take it as well.

Either way, I really want in on the bad quarterback league love.gif

Oh, and I'll be running the {censored} out of the BQBL. Complete with weekly wrap up emails (or thread updates) and humiliation biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

View Post

what is this bad qb league nonsense?? and how do i sign up.

crxshgate 2012. handled way better than watergate or spygate

BQBL 2013:

jhamnett (LM)

homestar_kevin

macadood

Five spots left up for grabs. Get in while the getting's good!

• Members

As I said on the league site, I think forfeiting the matchup was a given, but I don't think Crxsh needs to quit the league. I can understand if others feel he should step down as league manager. I don't have strong feelings either way. But I see no compelling reason to think this was anything other than a one-time lapse in judgement, and he's been a good league manager up until now.

He came clean, apologized, and forfeited the game. If we decide to appoint a new league manager, so be it. Now let's move on, and try to have some fun. smile.gif

• Members

Yeah, I like having Crxsh in the league, but I'd feel more comfortable with a new league manager, all told. Crxsh certainly seems like a good guy, but he's also got a history of trying to get around the rules (I'm talking about spam thread shenanigans from way back). I just think having him as league manager moving forward might be too much of a temptation for him and it will be hard not to wonder about the odd coincidence in the future.

• Members

Well, I'd really love to try and join the HCFX league and put down my dibs for entering next year's league. Mostly, because you guys have terrible team names. Curls Gone Wild FTW! But on a slightly more serious note, I'm in two leagues this year, one I co-commission with the other guitarist in our band, and another one I was just a spot guy for a friend's league who was a man short. Drew Brees' inconsistency and Gronk getting hurt helped me successfully {censored} the bed in my league. In the other league I got off to a 6-2 start, then lost 5 straight to finish the season at the 6 seed, last spot in the playoffs. Then Aaron Hernandez decides to beast against the Texans, and now I'm onto the semis. The dream run continues.

• Members

dude i had drew brees + gronk in 2 of my 3 leagues this year. brees has been top notch, not sure what youre talking about. i guess hes cooled down the last few games. i traded gronk away in 1 league a week before he got hurt. have yet to recover at the TE position in my other one frown.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

View Post

dude i had drew brees + gronk in 2 of my 3 leagues this year. brees has been top notch, not sure what youre talking about. i guess hes cooled down the last few games. i traded gronk away in 1 league a week before he got hurt. have yet to recover at the TE position in my other one frown.gif

Maybe it's the scoring in my league. The co-commish decided to deduct 5 points for a pick 6. Against the niners he gave me just under 10 points, and against the falcons on thursday he gave me 3. Coming down to the last two games of the season, that's not what I needed. I ended up missing out on the playoffs because i had 20 less points scored for than the next closest person at 5-8. He did have some big games, but next year, I'm considering waiting at least until the 5th round to draft a QB. The other thing that got me was I didn't draft good RBs sooner, and spent the whole year scrambling for guys who were on a hot streak, or filling in for an injury. I had Andre Brown when he was hot, then Isaac Redman against NYG, and then Marcel Reece for his nice little run, but it's just been a gaping hole in my lineup the whole year. Rookie year done, lesson learned.

• Members

hey davenoid, did you get my shipping info? i tried emailing you through ESPN, but doesn't seem like you got it. then i got your message and emailed you directly to the email provided but havent heard back.

wave.gif

thanks everyone for a great season of FF! its been an honor

Archived