how much do you pay for your practice space?

Ryan.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

my band shares a space with a decently known signed shoegazey band in oakland. 24/7 access, card keys, lounge with snacks and supplies like strings, drum heads, tension rods, picks, batteries, almost anything you need. the room is pretty big. like, 30 foot ceilings, and theres a loft built in it for storage. i think its 14x15, which makes it $550 a month, but with everyone its like $40 a person a month. theres another band in there too but they like never practice.

• Members
This is one of the best perks of home ownership. Its amazing what a second layer of 1/2" drywall / homasote studded out on 1x3s can do to psuedo-ghetto-soundproof a room. On top of rent I used to fork out for a studio to paint in (charcoal drawing and oil painting is {censored}ing messy and smelly) as well as share the split cost for a different band practice space which was shared by way to many bands.

Yeah, we got pretty lucky in terms of location, size of the space, layout, design of the space in terms of aesthetics and sound proofing and it's distance from other neighbors. It's a pretty good rehearsal spot. :)

• Members

Guitarist has a killer big ass home studio. When I say studio I mean it. Totally pro setup. It's awesome practicing in a space like that. I usually get there early just so I can play upright in a great room.

Other band I play in has a large basement. It sounds like a basement but it's free.

• Members

We pay $250/mnth for a 12x12, 2pm-6am access - we're the only band but there's a furniture refinishing place next door. Our bass player just quit but is on the lease for another year with the singer so my rent just went down to $25, while his jumped to $125. :lol:

• Members

It's about time for my band to get a practice spot, but I have no idea how to do that. Craigslist doesn't have any promising postings, and my music friends all have non-shareable jam spots (basements, school studios, etc). Halp?

• Members

It's about time for my band to get a practice spot, but I have no idea how to do that. Craigslist doesn't have any promising postings, and my music friends all have non-shareable jam spots (basements, school studios, etc). Halp?

Find the big giant warehouse practice space in your city. Where are you?

Archived