how much do you pay for your practice space?

Ryan.

• Members

Anybody else do the hourly thing? I pay 25 bucks an hour for a good sounding room with good gear.

Me, a monthly place for rehearsals is just impossible in Japan, you would pay crazy $$$. But there are a lot of rehearsal rooms that rent for the hour, with all the equipment you need and quite cheap.

Although I really miss the place for "us", where you can be around with a beer and so, not stressed by the time left for playing.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We used to practice at our guitarist's house 'til her tweeker neighbor took it upon himself to slash our tires because we were too loud.

Now we rehearse at a local studio for $15/ hr, and we can be as loud as we want.

I'm just being a dick and quoting this.

It's really inconsiderate to your fellow forumites - especially those who are trying to read it on a mobile device.

That goes for you too Ryan. So I've edited all the space gobbling lines out of both of your posts... :cop:

Outside of that, great thread idea - I'm really interested in see what some of you are doing for rehearsal spaces. How do you avoid angry neighbors, noise issues, and spouses / room mates? What sorts of spaces are you using, and where / how did you find them? :snax:

• Members

How do you avoid angry neighbors, noise issues, and spouses / room mates?

Set up in a {censored}ty neighborhood that way your music is the best thing going... That or in my BK neighborhood, Park Slope, everyone in my building has a {censored}ing baby so my periodic amp noise is payback for all the baby crying heard throughout the building.

• Members

It's really inconsiderate to your fellow forumites - especially those who are trying to read it on a mobile device.

That goes for you too Ryan. So I've edited all the space gobbling lines out of both of your posts...
:cop:

Outside of that, great thread idea - I'm really interested in see what some of you are doing for rehearsal spaces. How do you avoid angry neighbors, noise issues, and spouses / room mates? What sorts of spaces are you using, and where / how did you find them?
:snax:

Wait I don't get it, were the lines taking up space on cell phones or something? On my computer it just looked like one line. Sorry if it {censored}ed up {censored}, everyone.

• Members

I live in the apartment above a Storage Facility's office. We practice here whenever there are no office hours.

My neighbors are a bar and a Tire Distributor.

We are loud as {censored}.

Also my rent is as low as most of your practice cubes.

Suck it.

Archived