how much do you pay for your practice space?

Ryan.

• Members

50 euros for 10 sessions

which is very cheap since it's a very good space, with good studio pannels

has a small PA, drumkit, beers are only 1euro as well

and storage rooms

:cool:

I'm moving to belgium.

Actually, we have it pretty good here. I rehearse in the live room of a local studio and its $50 per week. The bonus is that we can do extra sessions for free so long as the room is available. The downside is that we cant leave any gear there. Still, its a nice clean room with air con which is fairly essential in Aus.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It Taiwan, we rented by the hour. It was stupid cheap and they provided maps, drums, PA, just bring guitars and board. In U.S. my friends basement. In Turkey had a crazy ass stone building in a parking lot with AC and security cameras for

Phil:

Living on top of a ridge and having 7+ acres wrapped around me gets past that whole "pissed off neighbor" thing.

Plus my guitars/amps do not come CLOSE to the SPLs their blackpowder rifles put out.

My kind of place! :love: :phil:

I forget Doc... are you in northern, central, or southern Oregon?

• Members

On a more serious note, I'm spaceless ATM. Warehouses in GR are scant, and the prices are all over the place. If the space is large/nice enough, the trend is to have multiple bands in on it. Many folks only have "michigan basements" or unfinished ones at best, and a bitchy neighbor to boot. It's not the greatest atmosphere for inducing creativity.

• Members

440$ split 50/50 with another band, my share = 55$,

Former storage warehouse with about 80 spaces to rent

ID cards with front desk security.

12X25 (X18foot ceilings), 7am-midnight, 358days a year.

AC and no windows, freight elevator and loading dock.

walls are thin, but we're a {censored}ing loud band, so we're the ones drowning out the neighbors.

• Members

I couldn't go back to paying by the hour and transporting gear back and forth. Such a pain in the ass.

Totally. Sometimes I think back to when we did hire rooms by the hour two or three times a week, I honestly don't think I could be {censored}ed to do that on top of gigs these days. It's just so great to have a place to go when I want to make some noise. Has totally spoiled me to be fair, because I always play at my ideal volume which is loud. I get the feeling you're the same. :D

Actually, I don't have any pictures of the room, but here's a video. I think I'm going to make that my thing - posting youtube videos that are only tangentially related to the topic at hand.

• Members

I did the monthly thing for a while until the building burned down and I lost all my gear. At the time it was also super expensive yo find that kind of space in NYC. It actually seems to be more available now. Anyway I have a house in the burbs now and can crank my halfstack in the basement and the neighbors don't hear it.

• Members

17m2 square like space, 246euro

can only use it up to 10 o'clock cause of neighbors but 7 days a week, 365 days/year

we are the only band and its good so, a little bit more space for a sofa would be great

we got the contact info at court from another bass player that this space has free rooms to rent,

when our old rehearsal landlord had a hearing with an angry neighbor, that the bands are too loud there.

we did a test playing with loudness measurements and we were witnesses for defense :D

never looked back, don't know what happened to the old rehearsal space and this suckers would still own us some money...

• Members

that audio and visual did not match

call your band "free shirt"

as it you want to free your chest from shirts

its kinda political though, i guess

262d6d93.jpg

and we use this recording studio for $0, but we only practice in the non premium times when time is not booked

• Members

$315/mo for a 13x13 room. It's in a building that's all practice spaces, but it's insulated enough and we're loud enough that other bands aren't much of a problem. It's got heat and good security and no stairs. We split it with one and a half other bands. I say one and half because it's two bands, but our other guitarist and drummer are in one of them, so it's less gear and people. I pay $32/mo. Not bad, but there used to be all kinds of way cheaper spaces around. Now they've all dried up and it can be hard to get a space at all.

• Members

Two years ago I paid about $200/mo in a {censored} building with no windows.

The space was about 12'x22'

When we left last year they started to put in heat to the spaces. I'm sure they charged more after that. I think they kept getting scr3w3d on electricity because people would leave their space heaters on 24/7

Archived