Craigslist Score Gibson 60's Tribute SG $400

• Members

Scored this tonight off of my local Craigslist for $400 cash :eek:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-limited-run-sg-special-60s-tribute-electric-guitar

Gibson-SG-Special-60s-Tribute-Worn-Cherr

When I saw the ad I thought - this must be a fake or there's something wrong with it or maybe it's stolen - but it was dead mint, the guy still had the gibson box it was shipped it (from MF with his name and address on the shipping labels) and the action fit and feel was perfect. Even had all the registration paperwork that he hadn't sent in yet. When I asked him why he was selling it for half of what he paid - he told me he had lost his job and needed to pay the rent. Came with a gig bag too.

I'm very pleased with the purchase for obvious reasons but - I feel bad for the guy. :idk:

• Members

Yeah, you should listen to Mr. Travis Bean here.

ha ha!

Rev, i didn't see this on the CL, must have missed it.

i scored an AWESOME MIK epi sg in cherry, yeah its an epi but it is really nice, came with HSC for 180$

• Members

Nice! I'd find a proper 3-ply pickguard with my savings, but that's just me being vain. One may be hard to track down since most P-90 SGs would be Classics with the full pickguard.

Good Lord. This man has only posted 163 times in over 10 years... and he posted in my thread. I feel honored. :cool:

I like him. He doesn't ramble on incessantly. :thu:

• Members

Good Lord. This man has only posted 163 times in over 10 years... and he posted in my thread. I feel honored.
:cool:

I like him. He doesn't ramble on incessantly.
:thu:

judging from his avatar, he has extreme interest in this model you just got

• Members

Good Lord. This man has only posted 163 times in over 10 years... and he posted in my thread. I feel honored.
:cool:

I like him. He doesn't ramble on incessantly.
:thu:

Yeah, I found out when I tried to register last year that apparently I already had an account. I don't remember posting here 10 years ago, but I think I had 30-40 posts. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) the archive doesn't go back that far so I can't go back and read what I was posting about in high school.

Archived