So Ken is now using Phil's likeness to hustle his lie

christianatl

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At least he's selling his stuff for a reasonable price now. On ebay Joyos are going for like $40 new. With the red dot deal you get a nicer looking graphic than the stupid looking Joyo one, a shirt and a cigar box.

This is how I see it too.

Mooer and Joyo sell rip offs and people can't stop buying them and jizzing over how sweet they are. Ken gets completely busted trying to sell his rip off at a huge profit, gets taken down a notch by internet guitar players and proceeds to reconfigure his silly business by selling the pedals at a reasonable price. Oh, and he acts like a complete goofball on a stupid forum.

Big deal.

• Members

This is just pitiful. You're a man, for gods sake. Examine your life. Your pseudo-masochism isn't convincing and boy howdy I would actually be ashamed to be related or even associated with you, you bumpkin {censored}. You, and your life, are demonstrably pathetic.

• Members

Mooer and Joyo sell rip offs and people can't stop buying them and jizzing over how sweet they are. Ken gets completely busted trying to sell his rip off at a huge profit, gets taken down a notch by internet guitar players and proceeds to reconfigure his silly business by selling the pedals at a reasonable price. Oh, and he acts like a complete goofball on a stupid forum.

Big deal.

So now that he apparently has his own PCBs, they're clones.

But you're missing one part of your summary:

They were straight up Joyo-built. Chinese factory made, described as hand-made in the US boutique. That's a scam.

• Members

Big deal.

Also thank you man! Means a lot! Much love. Everything but the rip-off & huge profit. I do not own a Porsche yet! Puck it. I have more jelly. I am staying up. Tonight boxing night anyways.

• Members

IDK man there is a lengthy list of dudes from here and TGP who have blatently ripped people off and not sent them gear after being paid. Both big builders and random dudes.

On the other hand Freakish Kenneth, while he has questionable morals at least has 100% track record of mailing you the pedal you ordered. :lol:

Nobody knows what's inside the enclosure but you'd definitely get something in a timely manner. This can't be said of T1M and a few other builders...

• Members

I feel like every couple of months this happens and we get a thread going to run him out of town. I always think its a little extreme, but then he starts to post again...

why isnt he gone? why you stick around a forum where the only thing you do is have the same {censored}pile of a conversation every couple of months?

• Members

I feel like every couple of months this happens and we get a thread going to run him out of town. I always think its a little extreme, but then he starts to post again...

why isnt he gone? why you stick around a forum where the only thing you do is have the same {censored}pile of a conversation every couple of months?

What {censored} did I start? I posted in the Spam thread. Some person starts a thread. Phil explains why he took the emotioncons down. Freekish happy. Then same old. We bash freekish and no play freekish pedals. At least Phil stated he never played and he does not mention anything on the pedals. Same should apply to you.

No Tickey No Laundry

Step up the soup is red hot sam I am

• Members

The posting in the spam thread is just gross. He's banking on the fact that some people who visit this site don't know about him.

I really feel like he should be prevented from posting here.

Here is a secret for you. NO ONE FROM HCFX HAS BOUGHT A PEDAL 2 DATE. Well you can be the first. No spam intended.

Fact. freekish no sale here!

When I post in the spam thread its like I am talking to an old friend.

• Members

Here are my thoughts on Ken and his alleged scam.

I've been convinced for awhile now that he and Freekish Blues are just a big troll operation. I think he was attempting to make some sort of statement about the boutique pedal industry and those who support it. The fact that he got a bunch of TGPers to praise a cheap, mass produced, pedal that was made in China as the next great "Dumble in a box" is hilarious and amazing but maybe not surprising. I think a lot of people listen with their eyes and their wallets rather than their ears.

I'm reminded of the thing that Clay Jones wrote years ago. He mentioned he had been asked by a store to build a pedal for them to sell. He built a modded Tubescreamer (I think it may have basically been a Landgraff clone) and brought it to the store. He brought it to the store in a plain metal enclosure (or maybe it wasn't even in an enclosure at all, I forget) and let the guy play it. The store owner was underwhelmed. He didn't think it was a good as a Landgraff, told him to try again, and sent him on his way. He went home, took the pedal and put it in a swirley enclosure, brought it back, and when the owner played it he thought it was the greatest thing he ever heard. The pedal was exactly the same other than the swirly enclosure.

Ken proved that a lot of people will listen with their eyes and wallets rather than their ears. I don't necessarily condone what Ken did by charging a highly inflated price for the original Alpha Drives and being sketchy on the details of how they were manufactured but I understand why he did it. He had to do it. Had he been honest and said, "Ya know, this is a cheap, mass produced Chinese pedal but with a few mods it really shines and can go head to head with all the popular boutiques" it wouldn't have worked. The best response he could have hoped for would have been things like, "It's surely no Zendrive but for a bargain pedal it's pretty good". Look at the Bad Monkey. It gets a lot of praise but as long as it's a Digitech pedal with a goofy graphic pedal some people won't allow themselves to take it too seriously.

Ken's behavior since Freekish gate has reinforced the troll theory. He originally said he would give us an explanation that showed he was not in the wrong. This never happened. He said Joyo stole the pedal from him and went silent. When he returned about six months later he released his "official statement" in the form of a youtube video where he made a nutella and nail polish sandwich, told us he was selling the company and flipped us off. I don't even know where to start with all the bizarre posting marathons he has gone on from time to time.

The most troubling thing, to me, is that Ken has never given a serious response to what has happened. You would think that if it were indeed a troll he would at least come clean in order to try to save face. Or maybe trolls don't do those sorts of things? I dunno.

TL;DR: I think the Freekish is a troll operation. I don't condone what Ken did but I think I understand why he did it, and no, profit isn't his motive IMO.

• Members

So now that he apparently has his own PCBs, they're clones.

But you're missing one part of your summary:

They
were
straight up Joyo-built. Chinese factory made, described as hand-made in the US boutique. That's a scam.

No, I acknowledged that... "completely busted trying to sell his rip off at a huge profit" :lol:

Archived