Something yummy arrived for breaksfast this morning...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever

View Post

... I'm just waiting for a little jam so I can try it rimshot.gif

8161159104_0ae1b3695f_b.jpg

i've got to know what you think of this.

prob my favorite pedal ever is the Tube Zipper, i've always wondered what this would sound like, also, compared to the Hot tubes

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by reverberlayed

View Post

I've always wanted to try one of these. HNPD!

Thnx wave.gif

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

View Post

looks kick ass with the wooden box and all thumb.gif

ryn got his breakfast today delivered by his gf, a bagel and coffee frown.gif expected something similar. wish i had that kind of service here.

lol My wife would never deliver me a pedal for breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by greeny23

View Post

terrible puns are terrible.

redface.gif

• Members

noice! I'm surprised, given the colossal awesomeness of your collection, that you didn't already own one! icon_lol.gif

I miss my Tube Zipper.....but I am really into the Microsynths envelope-ish sounds right now....probably will own a TZ in the future. It has sounds that are very unique..dat trill oscillates like nothing I've heard, especially cranked up loud, sickness. Well, I think I just talked myself into buying one facepalm.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by arthurdent'd

View Post

noice! I'm surprised, given the colossal awesomeness of your collection, that you didn't already own one! icon_lol.gif

I miss my Tube Zipper.....but I am really into the Microsynths envelope-ish sounds right now....probably will own a TZ in the future. It has sounds that are very unique..dat trill oscillates like nothing I've heard, especially cranked up loud, sickness. Well, I think I just talked myself into buying one facepalm.gif

Yeah, I'm not sure why I waited so long. I've owned all the other pedals in the EHX tube series for years now, but I waited on the Muff'n. I've noticed in the last coupe of years that the older gen with the wooden boxes are showing up less and less on eBay, so I jumped on this one for a decent price.

The Tube Zipper is really esoteric sounding... not everyone's cup of tea. Dialing in tones can be a challenge, but once you find the sweet spots nothing compares.

Quote Originally Posted by gae86

View Post

I've always wanted to try one! Congratz wink.gif

Thanks! You just reminded me. I still need to tempt you with the Electric Mistress evil.gif

Quote Originally Posted by hangwire

View Post

Yeah when Korn got popular ehx moded a big muff with a tube and eq and they credited that for "their" sound

Interesting. I didn't know that.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by hangwire

View Post

Yeah when Korn got popular ehx moded a big muff with a tube and eq and they credited that for "their" sound

I remember this from my guitar magazine reading days in the late 90's. EHX didn't mod it, one of Ross Robinson's (Korn's producer) engineers modded it and they called it the "bigger muff".

• Members

Love my Hot tubes, so I'd love to try out the Muff'n too, how are they different??

Quite different, really. The EQ on the Muff'n is not paracyclic... so you won't get those lovely cocked wah tones that the Hot Tubes offers. But the Muff'n has much better high end definition, closer to a traditional overdrive. Strange, because I think the original solid state Hot Tubes has much more in common with the Muff'n than the reissue Hot Tubes.

• Members

Quite different, really. The EQ on the Muff'n is not paracyclic... so you won't get those lovely cocked wah tones that the Hot Tubes offers. But the Muff'n has much better high end definition, closer to a traditional overdrive. Strange, because I think the original solid state Hot Tubes has much more in common with the Muff'n than the reissue Hot Tubes.

wish i had all the tube series pedals, always wanted the tube EQ with an Exp pedal.

with the Hot Tubes, can't you get a velcroish sound out of it messing around with the EQ?

i know with the Tube Zipper, it will do velcro fuzz for days.

Archived