amps that "dont take pedals". what are they

Y0UNGBL00D

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by arthurdent'd View Post
Orange. My R30 was a a pain to find dirt pedals for.
Exactly what I was going to post.

My Orange AD30 is a nightmare when it comes to finding dirt pedals that work and I can't stand that it doesn't have an effects loop for delays/verbs. All of that becomes a non issue when you play one though because the voicing and feel of them is something of legend.

• Members

Yea, my Thunderverb sucked hard with pretty much any dirt pedal. Input headroom wasn't great enough to handle pretty much any signal and it would get mushy/nasty. Sold it on relatively quickly. Though it looks like you've got one and thought differently so what do I know. icon_lol.gif

• Members

A lot of people would put Vox in this category as well. I ended up selling my Tech 21 Liverpool because of this. I don't think it's that they don't take pedals necessarily... rather that they require a completely different type of setting than the "Fender-y" type of amp, which throws a lot of people off.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by b_nehpets View Post
i tried out an ad30 and a rv50 (both 2x12's) with my compressor and honey bee... the rv liked them and the ad did not.

i was surprised that was not the other way around.
I think its because the ad has a more traditional "orange" tonestack/eq curve and the RV's and more "modern" oranges have a more fender/marshallish style eq/midrange that is more scooped and therefore plays along better with pedals.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by spoonie g

View Post

I think its because the ad has a more traditional "orange" tonestack/eq curve and the RV's and more "modern" oranges have a more fender/marshallish style eq/midrange that is more scooped and therefore plays along better with pedals.

Also this.

Archived