The Boring Thread: Tuners

Moustache_Bash

• Members

you know, ive had a tu2 forever and i have no desire to "upgrade" at all. works great and i can see it fine and its reliable.

honestly, you can blindly buy any pedal tuner and youd probably be fine.
i do, however, find the polyphonic tuners to be gimmicky.

trooof.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been using a Korg GT-12 for the last 10 years as my stage tuner. At home, I have a Peterson VS-II Virtual Strobe Tuner, which can do way more than I would ever need it to do. Favorite tuner of all time is the old analog Peterson Model 420 strobe tuner I use on the bench for set ups at work. It's so nice to use.

• Members

I was using a Planet Waves Chromatic Pedal Tuner and it's probably the best tuner I've ever used. Built like a tank, does Strobe and is cheap as {censored}, also TB. I sold off my entire pedal board back in May, so right now I'm using a TU-2 because I had one laying around. No reason to replace it cause it gets the job done but the tracking on it is fairly slow. When it finally dies I'll get something not Boss.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Moustache_Bash

View Post

Why does one have to use a strobe tuner for setups?

One doesn'thave to use a strobe tuner, but they are generally many times more accurate than other tuners. Setups tend to go a lot faster, be a lot less tedious, and turn out better with a more accurate tuner. I used to try to do them with my old tu2 and it really wasn't good enough for setting the intonation. I have a decent ear for tuning, enough that i could get it close eventually, but it's just a lot faster and better now.

• Members

I've had nothing but Korg tuners; a DT-10 which worked great, and a Pitchblack that worked incredibly. Loved that little tuner.

Im using my M9s tuner right now with no complaints, though if I had to get a new one, I'd just grab a Polytune Mini. You can't beat those 1590a sized enclosures for something as boring as a guitar tuner. icon_lol.gif

Archived