fat jokes.

echodeluxe

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, there are certain demographics, certain groups of people that it's still considered PC to mock... bald guys (not that I personally mind :o:D ), Christians, the overweight...

Is that really something we should feel good about? :confused: What if someone you cared about was overweight - would you want them to see this thread?

Just something to think about. :idea:

• Members

STAY OUT OF THIS PHIL.

actually, im kidding.

i wouldnt mind someone i cared about seeing this thread.

ill tell you why:

obesity is preventable. even if you are already dangerously overweight, you can turn it around.

i dont feel bad for people who are lazy to the point of endangering their lives.

china? no fat people. india? nope. south america? maybe a few here and there.

its the wealthy predominantly white countries that are full of fatties. excess of unhealthy foods and sedentary lifestyles cause obesity.

Obesity is often preventable, but not always. In some cases, there IS a serious underlying medical condition beyond "you eat too much and don't excercise enough".

And yes, for many / most people, the formula is fairly straightforward: Decrease caloric intake while increasing physical activity levels and you will lose weight... but that doesn't work for everyone...

• Members

Lets start a thread about anorexic jokes next eh?

and alcoholism and lung cancer while we're at it. Those are two addiction-based and typically preventable conditions that have had it too good for too long.

• Members

You know, there are certain demographics, certain groups of people that it's still considered PC to mock... bald guys (not that I personally mind
:o:D
), Christians, the overweight...

Is that really something we should feel good about?
:confused:

My favorite comedians are the ones who have a sense of humor about themselves.

My least favorite comedians are the ones who make fun of everyone else but themselves. Lots of those here at HCFX.

• Members

I come to HC for the positive aspects - mostly I like to see the pedalboards, but occasionally I can get a question answered or answer one myself. It really is a bummer to realize how many of you wouldn't like me if you met me simply because I'm fat.

Archived