OT: Fox News Suicide Live on Air

Aristotle

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What if you think you're defending yourself from dangers that seem incredibly real to you due to a mental illness? Do you still deserve to die?

Not relevant to this particular situation. But, I would find no fault in someone killing the gun pointer, mentally ill or not, to protect themselves or someone else.

It's a poor argument to make. How many instances of gun wielding mentally ill have there been compared to evil thugs brutalizing other people with guns?

So let's take away these superfluous arguments and boil it down to this: if a criminal is pointing a loaded weapon at you, are you justified in killing him to protect yourself, or are you going to quiz him about his mental stability or socioeconomic status before making an assessment?

• Members

Not relevant to this particular situation. But, I would find no fault in someone killing the gun pointer, mentally ill or not, to protect themselves or someone else.

It's a poor argument to make. How many instances of gun wielding mentally ill have there been compared to evil thugs brutalizing other people with guns?

So let's take away these superfluous arguments and boil it down to this: if a criminal is pointing a loaded weapon at you, are you justified in killing him to protect yourself, or are you going to quiz him about his mental stability or socioeconomic status before making an assessment?

How old are you?

• Members

My favorite part of reading conversations on the internet is watching how quickly they can stray from the orginal topic. And how quickly one will start to judge the personal morals of another, based on several sentences on a specific topic. One's reaction to this specific event does not open anyones eyes to the moral character of said individual. How people react to death of other humans, is a highly personal mental process. Ones failure to respond in identical fashion to my response, does not give me a moral high horse to sit a top.

• Members

I was just thinking about this comment after what I saw today.

I play saturday amateur football and saw a lad get his ankle snapped in half today (it was a fair challenge and he was just unlucky).

Obviously the other team were all going mental but I decided to take a look at the kids leg and I can watch some {censored}ed up {censored} on the internet but in real life it's a lot different. I wish I hadn't of looked tbh. I watched the video in the OP and didn't really think much of it tbh just because it didn't really affect me.

• Members

The left would rather pull out their iPhones and video a guy on fire then help to put it out. This is where we have arrived. They are numb because they have been voyeurs to this activity all their lives without actually experiencing the pain and reality that goes with it. There is little or no empathy or sympathy and these are the very same people that are going decide your fate when they have to decide nursing home and drain the accounts to sustain or extend your life or put you down and inherit your accounts. I fear for their future if their generation is anything like themselves or even worse.

Seek help.

• Members

I'm interested as to what was his motivation was for all this. Crime gone bad, or something more complicated? This could turn into a political {censored} storm if he was an illegal or had a mental condition.

Well, he died with a clear head.

Because he put a hole in it.

• Members

I blame Thelma and Louise for glorifying suicide.

That was different, everyone was rooting for THEM to do it.

I've already got my suicide sorted out (thanks internet):

1. Tie some razor wire to the back of a car in the street

2. Feed it through my window and tie it around my neck

3. Superglue my hands to the sides of my head (over the wire line)

4. Car will drive off, decapitating me, with no evidence left behind, plus I'll still be holding my head so it will look like I ripped it off.

Archived