FLANGER HOAX LOUNGE (the ultimate)

puretube

• Members

I mean widely regarded. Srsly this pedal is so good. So many possibilities. Sounds great with dirt going in to it. I guess I understand why the blooze guys don't like it--but this should be on every experimental/ambient board.

I think the immense depth may be a detractor for some; it's a bit formidable at first.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the immense depth may be a detractor for some; it's a bit formidable at first.

maybe--like i say, i can see why blooze TGP types wouldn't like it. i can see if you were just looking for a flanger, that this would be way over your head. in addition to my conclusion that the Floax is a victim of it's own pricing--i think it's also a victim of it's own name. It really shouldn't be called a "flanger"--it's 10x more than that.

anyhow, it just seems like this pedal SHOULD be a lot more renown/popular with the ambient/experimental crowd. maybe i just haven't been paying attention, but i rarely see it on people's boards.

i don't know, maybe i'm still honeymooning--but generally i know within the first few minutes whether i think a pedal is good or not.

• Members
here is what I use for my Univibe sound

Blend-Max

feedback -off

feedback switch-off

response-LOG

amount-4:00

mod mode-180

rate-11:00(more phaser-like)-1:00(univibe-like pulse) 3:30-(fast leslie-like)

delay mode-DC (there are some weird chorus and TZF sounds in mode 4 too)

invert switch-up

fixed switch-bypass

swept switch- swept

fixed delay-11:00

swept delay-10:45

I hope you guys enjoy.....this is one of my favorites along with the Pseudo-Electric Mistress setting.
:thu:

here is my univibe setting, also look for my Pseudo-Electric Mistress setting on page 11.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Flanger Hoax is currently $160 on hellomusic.com

Looks like it's almost sold out, but they always say that (then it shows up again the following week).

What's with that company anyway? I have seen it around here a bit lately, but I'm immensely lazy to register just to see the price..

• 1 month later...

Archived