FLANGER HOAX LOUNGE (the ultimate)

puretube

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by The Villano Dude View Post
It's definitely a tool to communicate with outer space.
Lol, I think I was telepathically controlled by the aliens to make this vid, I wanted to make something similar to the Silk Road theme by Kitaro and ended up with this instead: icon_lol.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsNRx7goX1g

There weren't really any high gain demos of these online so I wanted to try what they would sound like.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Members

Just bought my Hoax yesterday.  My pedal board was all set up and complete and now I had to go and **** it all up with this crazy machine.  Tottaly psyched.  Thanks to all of you who posted your settings.  I have about fifteen pages to print out and can't wait to get home tonight to take them out for a test drive.  Poor band will undoubtedly be subjected to "whale farts" come Friday. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

Hello everyone, sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, HOWEVER I'm having some problems with the Flanger Hoax.

1. I bought a Hoax on the 13/1/2015 with some xmas money. V. excited about it.

2. Took a whole MONTH to arrive, 2 weeks past the latest date Ebay said it would come. I got it from The MadApe Ebay shop, they were very helpful but I'm v. annoyed that it took too long. It got lost in USPS which isn't necessarily the shop's fault but they could have tracked it or something.

3. I live in Britain but the MadApe sent me an American power supply. This meant that I had to wait another week to get an English one.

4. The guy at Maplins sent us the wrong power supply! It's a 18v 1000ma supply! So at the moment, all my pedal can do is make some subtle chorus and phaser sounds but it sounds nothing like the demo videos on YouTube.

I'm mightily annoyed so can someone give me some advice on where to get the right power supply.

Sorry for boring you but I needed to get it out of my system!

Archived