FLANGER HOAX LOUNGE (the ultimate)

puretube

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by almost enough

View Post

I can't think of a knob that would make sense to get rid of. Is it all about size of the board? What about just narrowing down the output to blended only?

I don`t think the PCB-board is the prob - one jack less wouldn`t decrease the overall size...

but all those controls need to be placed somewhere on it...

(the board is SMD`d already...)

Actually, the current "Floax" is already being reduced to : Mono-out instead of : Dual-out

(for both delaylines being taken to individual outputs...)

What about a Rack-Unit ?

• Members

I personally wouldn't be interested in a rack unit version. While it'd be cool for functionality, it wouldn't jive well with how I set up my rig. Then again, I'm not a constantly gigging musician, so I don't know how much my input counts.

I would love to see a smaller version available, if only for the ability to have the jacks more accessible. The whole input on the left output in the middle totally screws with a lot of pedal board setups. The size causes some issues for setup, obviously, but I think it ties the whole package together for more mojo factor. I love EHX big box stuff. Always have, always will.

Would all the switches still be there? What about making the LOG/LIN switch into a smaller one like the other double pole switches? I'm sure that's already been considered, but I might as well throw it out there.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever

View Post

The Hoax is brilliant as it is. A nano version seems... ridiculous.

couldn't agree more, my only wish is that it had a master gain knob after the blend, to deal with some of the volume drops on some settings. Probably won't happen though, cuz people feel the need to shrink every technology, perhaps the only repercussion of NASA's pursuits that I could care less about. But it became the mantra of the masses, and Corporations love to oblige with planned obsolescence cha-ching. I kinda wish the pursuit of scientific knowledge and the universe had caught on more.

• Members

I just got my Flanger Hoax and it's freaking crazy. Total madness, I tell you! At one point it sounded like a rooster, a second later helicopters were flying all over the place and I flipped a switch and lasers were firing into my brain. Weird stuff, man.

c42942d960d42b3e1db58d3e5ace2ef8.gif

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever

View Post

Ditto. For live use, I would use my Octaswitch anyways and put it in a loop with a small boost like an LPB2.

Cool. But you would recommend using it separately from a chain? I am no tone snob but I would rather avoid drastic loss if possible.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Villano Dude

View Post

Cool. But you would recommend using it separately from a chain? I am no tone snob but I would rather avoid drastic loss if possible.

I think it is true bypass. But if you use a bypass looper like an Octaswitch, it's a non issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived