Current Pedalboard - Post yours

shipatsea

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kernowboy

View Post

WOW!eek.gif

Just found this thread! I know of harmony central and the FX database, but had never looked at the forums until now. It's great to see others boards.

This is my bunch of FX:-

Boss, DS-2, PN-2, CS-3, SD-1, CE-5, TU-2, PH-2, DD-6, RC-20XL

DOD, FX25B, FX33, FX13, Phasor 201

EHX, Small Stone, Hot Tubes, LPB-1, Octave Multiplexer

Ibanez, ADL, DFL, CP5

Digitech, XP100, XP300, Whammy

Crybaby Wah

ZVEX Fuzz Probe

I've had many different boards and combinations of this lot. Gonna set myself up a new one soon. Just curious, what combinations of my pedals would any of you use, and in what order?

Cheers Ali

S5030643.JPG

Welcome! That's quite a collection there. I'd go with the Wah's first, then phasers, compressor, fuzz, distortion, overdrives, boost, chorus, tremelo, delay. Unless you have an effects loop in which I would put the chorus and delay there. You're going to need a roadie.

• Replies 57.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This week's version:

PEDALS72507.jpg

Recently acquired a second OCD, so now it's a v2 into a v3.

I find the v2 brighter than the v3, but the v3 has more gain on tap.

Finally am happy with the Crunch Box now that I'm running it through the MXR 6-band eq.

I think I'm just about set, only thing now would be trading the Semaphore for a trem with tap tempo like an Empress. Turns out my band can't keep timing with a set trem speed and I need the ability to adjust on the fly.

Pretty happy with all the dirt though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 89strat

View Post

Welcome! That's quite a collection there. I'd go with the Wah's first, then phasers, compressor, fuzz, distortion, overdrives, boost, chorus, tremelo, delay. Unless you have an effects loop in which I would put the chorus and delay there. You're going to need a roadie.

^i agree with all that unless he has two amps then i would say forget the effects loop of either and run stereo from the ce5 thru pn2 to the dd6 and of course if you wanted to be creative with that you could,after the ce5 run the mono to the Phasor and the stereo to the super phaser and set them together so now the phase would be stereo too,then pn2 thru dd6.

of course this brings the problem of the looper running last and not being stereo ins at least im assuming it isnt.....

i personally like this idea though because...

i hate running a looper when the loop is going to play over my guitar work in the same amp.even if you run it in just one amps effect loop its still going to play over your guitar work on that amp.

in a stereo set up with the a looper,i like to run stereo out of the delay going to one amp straight in,and then from the dd6 to the other amp i would put an a/b switch first,then the looper,then the tuner going to b.

this means you record your loops running stereo out of both amps,but when you switch the a/b to the tuner,you can start the loop and it will play in only one of the amps since it is after the a/b already,and when you play over the loop youll be playing through the other amp,which has no loop coming out of it.this is the best way to do it live as far as sound quality in my opinion.

i guess either way though,since this dude is just now finding this forum,his pedals will probably fluctuate for the next 6 months quite heavily,and none of this will mattericon_lol.gif

• Members
This week's version:

PEDALS72507.jpg

Recently acquired a second OCD, so now it's a v2 into a v3.

I find the v2 brighter than the v3, but the v3 has more gain on tap.

Finally am happy with the Crunch Box now that I'm running it through the MXR 6-band eq.

I think I'm just about set, only thing now would be trading the Semaphore for a trem with tap tempo like an Empress. Turns out my band can't keep timing with a set trem speed and I need the ability to adjust on the fly.

It's okay, but there aren't enough dirt pedals...

• Members
Fire the drummer...
:eek::lol:

If it were only that easy..... :)
Actually the singer too, he always starts singing faster than the trem speed, then the drummer catches up to him, then it all goes to {censored} while I'm bending down trying to adjust the Sema to "their" tempo.

• Members
If it were only that easy.....
:)
Actually the singer too, he always starts singing faster than the trem speed, then the drummer catches up to him, then it all goes to {censored} while I'm bending down trying to adjust the Sema to "their" tempo.

I started as a drummer and toured as one a few years back. Tempo was smashed into my brain and it's honestly not THAT hard to keep relative tempo yet eludes 75% of drummers I know and play with. :mad:

• Members

100_0440.jpg

Blackstar > Dano EQ > Boss PH-1r > Dunlop TS-1 > Dr. Scientist RRR > Boss DD-20

The reverb and delay are usually switched but it's like this for looping purposes. Next purchases are a volume and wah pedal, Boss RV-3 and hopefully a D*A*M Meathead Deluxe.

• Members
This week's version:

PEDALS72507.jpg

Glad to see someone else loves the dirt, got a couple pedals that need to come in before I can post up my dirty board. Gonna have a H2O modded BD-2->Skreddy Screw Driver->Skreddy Mayo->EHX LBM->EHX Metal Muff->Skreddy Top Fuel->Landmine LD-1, with an MXR Micro Amp, and ZW-44 as boosts.

Love that dirt. And yes I do use it all, love cascading my dirt pedals.

• Members

Um... It keeps changing, but the core of my setup has been the same for quite some time now.

Guitars are all single-coil/P90-based, so everything is setup for that type of sound. Amps are always old Fenders - another defining factor.

Wah (usually a modified Dunlop, but at times I use a vintage Jen Vox)
Korg DT-10 (used both as tuner/mute and main buffer stage)
Foxrox Octron
Dunlop/MXR Phase90 (modified)
Ibanez TS-9 (original, modified)
Maxon OD-9 (modified) or Ibanez STL (modified)
Danelectro Fish&Chips eq (used as boost - to be replaced by a custom booster, when I get around to finishing it)
Boss DC-2 (modified) or a DOD FX25 envelope filter (depending on the gig)
Ibanez EM5
Ibanez DML10 (modified)
Danelectro Danecho
Voodoo Lab Tremolo

Occasionally, a Korg G4 leslie simulator is added on a separate pedalboard, unless I decide to use the real leslie (powered from an old Bassman head).

Except for the DT-10, everything is true bypass, either inside the pedals themselves (wah, Octron, Phase90, both overdrives and tremolo) or via a true bypass loop strip (everything else).

Any year now, I'll get around to taking pics of it all... :cool:

/Andreas

Archived