Current Pedalboard - Post yours

shipatsea

• Members

JRBAIN wrote:

Quote:

That's pretty cool . How old are the Crybaby and DS-1?

Hmmmm, not sure how old the Crybaby is, but I have had it at least 15 years maybe and it was WAY used before I got it, and the Boss DS-1 is a japanese one from 1982 from what the serial# decoder has determined.

Thanks for asking.

Sure - That's cool man :). I assumed they were 'older stock' - MIJ DS-1, etc, and besides, they look as if they've seen some service! :) - MIT DS-1s are pretty poor compared to the MIJ. Does the crybaby sound good? They say the old ones are the best ones...

:thu:

• Replies 57.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, here are my first attempts at a pedal board. I feel like such a loser with my crappy entry level pedals and lack of anything interesting or high end. Oh well, here goes, flame away:

Where'd you find those pedalboards? I have one like it I got used for $40 but can't find them anywhere. I'd really like to get a second one for my big ehx pedals.

• Members

I got mine at MusicGoRound for $44.00 or so. I beleive Ebay has them as well.
This is identical to what I have. They seem a bit cheap, but I wanted to start somewhere and evolve from there.
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-POWERED-PEDALBOARD-POWERS-UP-TO-6-PEDALS_W0QQitemZ110149432371QQihZ001QQcategoryZ41412QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Members

What kind of patch cables are those? I've seen a lot of the people here using them, im guessing there pretty good then, can someone show me a link as to where to find them?

George L cables. You can cut them to any length you want.

• Members
IMG_0480.jpg

there's something wrong with that picture... the Rat isn't plugged in! :eek:

what's the Delay Champ like?
all of the older Ibanez delays i've tried are pretty cool, but i've never seen one of those before.

i've always liked white Jazzmasters, so that gets :thu::thu:

• Members

The Delay Champ is a clone of the BOSS DM-2 or DM-3 I can't remember which. Has that very smooth, clean analog sound. I like it alot and I've shot it out against fancier boutique analog delays and always gone for the Ibanez.

The white Jazzmaster is a brand new (3 days old!) AVRI which has replaced my CIJ in Sonic Blue. I can't believe how world's apart the components of it are. The pickups are PHAT.

Rat gets swapped around with the Euthymia depending on my mood!

• Members
Well, here are my first attempts at a pedal board. I feel like such a loser with my crappy entry level pedals and lack of anything interesting or high end. Oh well, here goes, flame away:

Guitar pedal board:

100_0968.jpg' alt='>'>

QUOTE]

One never goes wrong with a Crybaby and an old DS 1.

I sold my DS 1 on ebay and I've emailed the buyer to give me a chance to buy it back if he decides to sell.

c

• Members

this is how my board has looked for the last week:

boardjuly07.jpg

the Rat 2 is modded to Vintage specs; the toggle switch is for a variation on the Ruetz mod - lowers gain and increases low end but not as severe a change as the Ruetz mod. i'm going to add another switch to toggle between vintage and Turbo Rat, and there are one or two other mods i may try.

the Small Clone has a toggle to switch between chorus and vibrato, the extra knob is for tremolo depth - i'm still experimenting with the trem mod; i need to change the pot for a different value as so far you only get noticeable tremolo in the last 1/3 of its travel - maxed out it gives a severe on-off chop. i'll probably add a trem on-off switch at some point.

i don't know if the Small Clone will be a regular on the board, as i don't use chorus or vibrato that much, and have other (more versatile) options for tremolo.

i've sold quite a few pedals recently - i jokingly told the girlfriend i was going to start collecting amps instead! should've seen her face! icon_lol.gif

these are currently the reserves (+ 2 more Rats, Award-Session JD10 and Boss TR2 (currently being modded):

boardjuly07reserves.jpg

the BYOC pedal (front-right) is my modded Tremolo - modded for more depth, slow/fast toggle switch and external volume. i only finished it over the weekend, but am very happy with the mods so far - it may even knock the Semaphore off the board.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by homestar_kevin

View Post

5yvrd75.jpg

4uuxa88.jpg

{censored}ty pics, sorry. I just finished wiring her up tonight so I wanted to snap a couple pics real fast. I built the board with my father. it's 18x30 and internally powered.

I'll get better pics tommorow!

Nice thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by homestar_kevin

View Post

5yvrd75.jpg

4uuxa88.jpg

{censored}ty pics, sorry. I just finished wiring her up tonight so I wanted to snap a couple pics real fast. I built the board with my father. it's 18x30 and internally powered.

I'll get better pics tommorow!

Good job man but you may want to relocate that Phase 90...I don't want to see you kicking off the whammy knob in a rush to reach it eek.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 343 Salty Beans

View Post

Good job man but you may want to relocate that Phase 90...I don't want to see you kicking off the whammy knob in a rush to reach it eek.gif

hahah yeah man it's running out of space faster than I figured it would be. I had a little time to play with it today but I'm pretty happy with the location, I had the phase 90 and whammy set up that way on a previous board so I'm used to getting my foot in there.

Archived