Current Pedalboard - Post yours

shipatsea

• Members

Nice! How is that Box of Rock? I'm thinking about getting one...

Love the Box of Rock. It's a low/medium gain Marshall JTM45 type sound. Perfect for rock rythm (e.g. For Those About To Rock), and when pushed with another pedal (in my case, a Silver Kiss), gets a great lead tone. Cleans up beautifully with picking dynamics or the volume knob, and the boost section sounds great and has a lot of volume boost on tap.

-Ben

• Replies 57.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Love the Box of Rock. It's a low/medium gain Marshall JTM45 type sound. Perfect for rock rythm (e.g. For Those About To Rock), and when pushed with another pedal (in my case, a Silver Kiss), gets a great lead tone. Cleans up beautifully with picking dynamics or the volume knob, and the boost section sounds great and has a lot of volume boost on tap.

-Ben

Thanks man - sounds exactly what I'm looking for. Just stuck between this and the box of rock...

• Members
guitar-board-july07-1.jpg
Musicians shoes !
guitar-board-july07.jpg

This is my first proper guitar effects board. I've had numerous bass fx boards.

Im pretty astonished i fit all these pedals into this bag, and i got all the ground i want covered. except for some massive reverb.
And i have to fit a Tremollessence in there somewhere too :freak:

Hows your one working out Ben Co. ? (nice board !)

• Members

And i have to fit a Tremollessence in there somewhere too
:freak:
Hows your one working out Ben Co. ? (nice board !)

The Tremolessence ended my trem search!

I previously had the Demeter, Diaz, Meantone, and Kaden tremolos. Of those I thought the Kaden sounded the best. Then the Dr. Scientist came along and it sounds just as good tonally as the Kaden (warm & clear) AND has all the extra functionality I want ... and none that I don't! Like the Cusak, it can get all the crazy 'presets' that that trem has, by creatively using the shape knob. And I don't need tap trem or 'division' buttons and stuff like that. When you listen to all the great recordings of trem, there's no tap tempo going on there.

Anyway, it's a great sounding, very versatile trem in an extremely small package and I love the thing. And don't forget - the volume output control is a trimpot inside the pedal: open the pedal, set it, and forget it!

By the way - very functional board there; love the Rodenberg!

-Ben

• Members
And don't forget - the volume output control is a trimpot inside the pedal: open the pedal, set it, and forget it!

By the way - very functional board there; love the Rodenberg!

-Ben

I have the guys at Dr. Scientist customizing it for me so the Volume control will be a mini pot (ala zvex ooh wah etc) on the outside! :thu:

I love my SDD as a boost of some sort with the delay off that i decided i could use the Tremollessence as a boost by turning the rate/speed/depth knobs down and cranking the volume.

Oh yea, the rodenberg was the end of my overdrive search for guitar anyway. love that thing.

• Members
guitar-board-july07-1.jpg
Musicians shoes !

those green chucks are awesome man! i wear the navy blues:thu:, I'd love to get a hold of some like that though, what on earth is that sunny delay, I've never seen that before in my life, how do you like it?

• Members
those green chucks are awesome man! i wear the navy blues:thu:, I'd love to get a hold of some like that though, what on earth is that sunny delay, I've never seen that before in my life, how do you like it?

www.drscientist.ca

its an analogue sounding digital delay, with chorus modulation. 550ms i think.
it sounds amazing nice and fat and the pedal itself seems to give my guitar signal a kick in the ass making it sound that little bit sweeter and bell like.
Its great for laying down a layer of warbling wall of (nice) noise under or over your guitar.
Fantastic slapbacks and echos too. beats the crap out of my DD-6 for mojo, which i use that mainly for wall of (nasty) noise and crisp delay and reverse sounds.

• Members

Sweet board, man. Is that a vintage Maxon AF-9, or a reissue? And what is the orange pedal?

yeah it was a vintage one.....best filter i've ever used.

and the orange pedal is an olcircuits.com chunky cheddar.

• Members
Man Erksie, I really admire your ability to put together a great, compact board. I have a hard time cutting the fat sometimes.

That's why I bought a small board to begin with - keeps me honest! :p

Clyde is nervous - I'm hankerin' for a '69 or Sunface... :love:

• Members

Well, here are my first attempts at a pedal board. I feel like such a loser with my crappy entry level pedals and lack of anything interesting or high end. Oh well, here goes, flame away:

Guitar pedal board:
100_0968.jpg' alt='>'>

Bass pedalboard:
100_0969.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

JRBAIN wrote:

Quote:

That's pretty cool . How old are the Crybaby and DS-1?

Hmmmm, not sure how old the Crybaby is, but I have had it at least 15 years maybe and it was WAY used before I got it, and the Boss DS-1 is a japanese one from 1982 from what the serial# decoder has determined.

Thanks for asking.

Archived