Current Pedalboard - Post yours

shipatsea

• Replies 57.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Marc G

View Post

man....I wish I had the tools to make my own board......I'm too lazy to use hand tools......NEED POWER!!!

I made my board with hand-tools... Home Depot will cut the wood for you and Black Shelves, some screws and black gaff-tape (or paint) are all it takes.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by homestar_kevin

View Post

making your own board is where it's at.

+1

New-builtPedalboard003.jpg

(incomplete) bass pedalboard, Pedaltrain style + a second level, also pedaltrain style.

DIY tap tempo delay & modded small stone to come to board soon.

The expression pedal has an DIY analog delay built into it, complete with repeats and level knobs, and a short/medium/long switch, and a 'self-oscillate' switch. The treadle controls delay time. SWHEEErreeereereeeIGJOISDNFOISENFE (that's the noise it makes icon_lol.gif).

The fancy wood pedal is a DIY blender loop, makes it easier to use the Big Muff and bass auto q in a band setting. Love that enclosure, eh?

All made with White Poplar 1 x 3s (really 3/4 x 2 1/2s). The White Poplar is REALLY sturdy...I stood on the whole thing and jumped a bit, it barely even bent.

Recently made my own patch cables too. All I need now are an XO Octave Multiplexer, Lazy Sprocket, Holy Grail, and Possibly a bass chorus, and I'm set smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by aksman

View Post

I made my board with hand-tools... Home Depot will cut the wood for you and Black Shelves, some screws and black gaff-tape (or paint) are all it takes.

Unfortunately there aren't any home depots here in Trinidad...... I guess I can call around a few hardware stores and see if they would cut to my measurements for me....

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Marc G

View Post

Unfortunately there aren't any home depots here in Trinidad...... I guess I can call around a few hardware stores and see if they would cut to my measurements for me....

HAHA!!! my mistake.

But the smaller stores can be better. I built my first board at a little hardware store. They even measured and cut metal for the edges of the board for me (even at the correct angles so they all line up right).

• Members

whats the delayla like?

good enough to have 2 eh?

???

I think so.

One of them I have set up to sound almost identical to my Echoplex.

Awesome slapback.

Th eother one I set to match Tool's Lateralus opening notes. That delay time works well when set low in the mix.

The two of them on at the same time makes for an awesome reverb-like sound that works incredibly well for what I play without the muddiness that a 'verb unit might add.

• Members
also, CK3, the monkey raft is shrinking???

After a couple of years of experimentation, I've determined what my "essential effects" are. Once I get a Barber Tone Press, Danelectro Fish'n'Chips EQ, Frostwave Sonic Alienator, ISP Decimator, multi-mode analog envelope filter, and upgrade my V.2 Tube Zone to V.3, everything should be set for a while ... I think. :confused::freak:

• Members

A few changes, playin heavy stuff mostly as of late.........just got the nano metal muff, I might go back to the Black Star, who knows? Kickin myself for trading off my Tube Zone:mad: The 75 Special is the best dirty boost for solos EVER!!

100_4890.jpg

Archived