shipatsea

• Replies 57.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But why get a cornish muff?

1. Unbustable

2. Cornish buffer in it

3. Sounds great (still prefer the ram though)

4. Quieter than the Ram in terms of noise

5. 'Cos it looks f*cking cool ;-)

6,. Until my pedal board flight case arrives, for gigs, I split the rig down and shove it on a pedal train- the Line driver, Compulator, CAE Wah and Boost, the cornish pedals, the TC PCF and the DDL (top left)- and I know that I can drop the P2 off the Empire State Building and it'll still work. I can get just about any sound I want from that lot.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by hooya

View Post

Tell me more about the '50. I'm very interested in getting this as a real looper. I have one specific question on capabilities though:

Can you start a loop that is, say just 2 bars long.

Then you want to record an 8 or 16 bar loop (in a different phrase maybe?) on top of that while the 2 bar loop repeats under it?

Pretty pretty please say yes!

Absolutely, yes! This is one of the most important features for me. All you need to do to accomplish this is make sure the loops are not synced, but multiple loops are allowed to play at once. Overall, it's a very intuitive design (in and out), so setting it up for things like this is pretty simple.

The main advantage it has over the Rang is its ability to "save" bank presets (as well as the actual recordings contained within the banks). So you can just switch to a different back and instantly have a bunch of parameters changed, whereas on the Rang you'd have to move a few knobs. I also like the design of the boomerang, though, and it does take up a lot less space.

All in all, you'd be really happy with the 50 if:

1) space isn't an issue

2) you prefer the design to the Rang (which is actually cheaper)

3) you don't want/need midi-syncing without pitch shifting (no pedal can do this, though)

If you have any other questions let me know.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Faldoe

View Post

Swap the RC-50 out for Behringer FCB1010 to use with Ableton. Thats what I've been doing, though there is no room for the 1010 on my board, but it gets the job done real well with Ableton. I'd get the UNO software too. There is a cool Java App called "Ripwerx" that you can use to tweak/config the 1010 to your liking, way faster than having to manually program the thing.

Thanks for the suggestion; I'll look into it!

Do you run Ableton on a PC or Mac? My current PC laptop has 2 GB RAM; I'm wondering if I would need to upgrade to run Ableton in a live setting and not fear any latency issues.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Crxsh

View Post

DONE! Not exactly pretty.... but it's a ton of fun. smile.gif

DSC05288.jpg

Brigs the Totally_jammin_out.gif fo' sho'!

That looks like a lot of fun, especially that PisdiyauWot - I heard a clip of it on TF, although I can't find it right now, someone at TGP posted it. Probably the best heavy metal oriented pedal I've heard.

• Members

That's what I thought too. Massive setup, is massive. I can't imagine lugging that around too much, but overall, awesome.

Just been fine tuning it! It's as quiet as a mouse in terms of hum etc. Still have slight balancing issues when introducing the elec miss as not one setting will be the same- vol drop thing with them

Re weight- I know. I drive everywhere though and have a Land Rover so can get it around no worries. And am having a flight case built with wheels.

Archived