Current Pedalboard - Post yours

shipatsea

• Replies 57.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep. Not many people appreciate the size of the 50 before seeing it in the context of other pedals. I'm not even sure if this setup is going to work - it might be too hard to reach some switches.

I hate using it too because I already have a Rang III - but I use a lot of loops in several songs so I have to wait until v.2 (sync and free modes) comes out to use it.

Tell me more about the '50. I'm very interested in getting this as a real looper. I have one specific question on capabilities though:

Can you start a loop that is, say just 2 bars long.

Then you want to record an 8 or 16 bar loop (in a different phrase maybe?) on top of that while the 2 bar loop repeats under it?

Pretty pretty please say yes!

• Members

Nice EHX board. Is kind of blowing my mind that you place that compressor last. Does that not give you a lot of hiss/noise?

I was taught to have a compressor last in your chain. It's like compressing and image, and then trying to enhance it. It wont be as great of quality if you enhance it, then compress it.

• Members

I was taught to have a compressor last in your chain. It's like compressing and image, and then trying to enhance it. It wont be as great of quality if you enhance it, then compress it.

If you have a generally quiet chain I can see putting a comp last really evens out your sound when you turn on or off various pedals especially of the gain variety.

• Members

i don't think that it is comparable to image compression. With image compression you lose information but that is not true of audio compression. They are two totally different things that just happen to have the same name.

• Members
Finally got my pedals back on a board. That unfortunate looking one is a BYOC OD-2. The space is for my Pitchfactor if I decide to keep it, and I can't wait to get rid of that RC-50 monstrosity for the Rang III or an Ableton setup. I also need a cable running from the RVB to the Nova delay - you can easily tell the chain.

IMG_0643.jpg

The RC-50 kills

{censored} the haterssss

• Members

i don't think that it is comparable to image compression. With image compression you lose information but that is not true of audio compression. They are two totally different things that just happen to have the same name.

it's just a quick comparison. When EQing a compressed signal, you are enhancing a signal that has been limited and creates more noise. But this was taught to me in a recording situation.

• Members
it's just a quick comparison. When EQing a compressed signal, you are enhancing a signal that has been limited and creates more noise. But this was taught to me in a recording situation.

Sure I could see a nice EQ before the compressor (although in truth the compressed signal probably has more audible frequency content, rather than less). But if you are also putting several other pedals up front as well, your compressor will be boosting some additional noise.

That's why a lot of guys put them first in line... so there is no pedal noise being boosted, just the raw signal from the guitar.

But I'm no purist... if it gives you the sound you are after, then it is always the right thing to do! :thu:

• Members
Finally got my pedals back on a board. That unfortunate looking one is a BYOC OD-2. The space is for my Pitchfactor if I decide to keep it, and I can't wait to get rid of that RC-50 monstrosity for the Rang III or an Ableton setup. I also need a cable running from the RVB to the Nova delay - you can easily tell the chain.

IMG_0643.jpg

Swap the RC-50 out for Behringer FCB1010 to use with Ableton. Thats what I've been doing, though there is no room for the 1010 on my board, but it gets the job done real well with Ableton. I'd get the UNO software too. There is a cool Java App called "Ripwerx" that you can use to tweak/config the 1010 to your liking, way faster than having to manually program the thing.

• Members
Thanks!
:thu:

that's an
Award-Session JD10
- it's great for overdrive or distortion (and can even be used as a buffer, DI, EQ, recording preamp with switchable speaker sim etc)...
:love:

the Moving Box is an 18v Guyatone flanger from 1979; it's extremely versatile and can cover chorusing to big sweeping flanging, and even vibe-like effects and a weird spring-y reverb-ish sound... and more!

:thu:

That's ultra sweet. I've always been a fan of Guyatone. I had a Mosrite copy Guyatone at one stage that was beautiful (pups too, surprisingly). The black box kind of reminded me of those Alesis reverb units but with a switch... I was getting excited that someone had come up with "the" mod for those. Always been a keen admirer of your boards/taste in crap. :):blah:

• Members

That's ultra sweet. I've always been a fan of Guyatone. I had a Mosrite copy Guyatone at one stage that was beautiful (pups too, surprisingly). The black box kind of reminded me of those Alesis reverb units but with a switch... I was getting excited that someone had come up with "the" mod for those. Always been a keen admirer of your boards/taste in crap.
:):blah:

cheers mate. :thu:

yeah, i'm a big fan too ... i have 15 Guyatone pedals at the moment, and have had quite a few others...

here's a pic of most of them:

Guyatones.jpg

i've often wondered about the Guyatone guitars... a lot of them look really cool and a little bit different, but i've never seen one in person to try out.

i may as well post some other pics while i'm here...

this is the majority of my pedal collection:

(there are about 10 or so not in the pics though)

Europedals.jpg

PearlKorgandothers.jpg

mainlyAmerican.jpg

Archived