SS Posse!!!

Shask

• Members

Originally posted by DirtyBird

I get the impression they probably sound relaly bright, fluid, and not very heavy i guess....

I mean I imagine a lot of gain, but it's a real liquidy kind of processed 80's rack type gain... for some reason.

No idea why.

It just doesn't seem like it would be a "heavy" amp.

Yeah, like a not as bright crate stealth. lol

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man I'll tell you what, I {censored}ing HATE closing up at The Hut, but damn I get some crazy hours out of that {censored}

I'm gonna have something like 39 hours this week... 5 days of work, but I only worked like 5 hours on Sunday... That's damn near full time... :eek:

20 next week... scheduled... I'm closing tomorrow (our workweek starts on Thursday, so that's the first of my 20 hours) , saturday, and Sunday and that's gonna be at least another 5 hours between the 3 of them....

Good lord... it's gonna be something like 60 hours on this next paycheck, and I thought 49 on this last one was a lot. :eek:

• Members

Man I'll tell you what, I {censored}ing HATE closing up at The Hut, but damn I get some crazy hours out of that {censored}

I'm gonna have something like 39 hours this week... 5 days of work, but I only worked like 5 hours on Sunday... That's damn near full time...
:eek:

20 next week... scheduled... I'm closing tomorrow (our workweek starts on Thursday, so that's the first of my 20 hours) , saturday, and Sunday and that's gonna be at least another 5 hours between the 3 of them....

Good lord... it's gonna be something like 60 hours on this next paycheck, and I thought 49 on this last one was a lot.

Heh, 80 hour paychecks here, I hate being paid every 2 weeks..... :freak:

If I save up enough I might just pick up a used JSX.... Depends on if a Laney turns up used or not in the next month or so.

• Members

The dollar is weak I suppose.

The US national debt is horrendous... the dollar is going to landslide down into oblivion as soon as foreign lenders decide we cant be trusted to pay them back...

Our money is everywhere, but it's only worth it if people trust it.

But if we've got national debt this absurd.... that wont always be the case. There's going to be a point where the value of the dollar drops to the point that foreign countries will just ignore it.

And that leaves the dollar worthless.

But I'm hoping since we have our hands in so many international pots and our economy is so huge, that that wont happen...

But you never know... I'm just paranoid. We're just spending too much. We're already going to be paying off that debt for several generations assuming it stops today.

We're all indentured servants to King Bush.

I think the figure comes out to something like 30 grand per person of national debt. We're financing this war in Iraq with millions of dollars in LOANS from RED CHINA with interest compounding continuously.
:mad:

I'm even more concerned with the national savings rate of -1.1%

• Members
Originally posted by HELSTRUME

The Countries gone to hell. And Global warming about baked me today. I also got the plates for my new car today, stood in line for an hour. They were super packed lol.

It was warm here today also, but I see a storm is on its way...

yeah, I gotta go here in the next week or 2 to get my new $60 sticker :rolleyes:

• Members

Man, been having crazy ass tornado storms the last 2 days. I havent even turned my computer on since like Wed :freak:

At work last night, we got golf ball to baseball size hail. Everyones cars look like ball pean hammers went walking through.

• Members

Originally posted by HELSTRUME

Man, that sucks. Its been 90 and clear here all week.

It was crazy man. Ive seen big hail before, but generally the hail storms dont last more than like 2 minutes, this went on and on for like 15 minutes. It was like a a slaughtering on vehicles, lol. And all you can do is sit and watch your car get pummeled.

• Members

I dont see too much on my hood and bed, but got dents in the top. Also, I have one of those plastic bug squisher things across the front, and 1/4 of it was smashed apart.

I havent seen any cracks in the windows ... yet...

Actually, not too bad compared to many others....

• Members

I got caught outside in golf ball sized hail like that a couple years ago...on my bicycle. :freak: Fortunately it didn't last very long; I had to get off the bike and find shelter under a tree and cover my head with my arms. I was crouched down in a ball. There was no shelter, since I was on an unpaved road in the middle of nowhere. I had red marks all over my arms, legs and back from the deal. I was laughing while the hail was pelting me actually. What a ridiculous situation to be in. :) Anyway I hope your truck didn't depreciate too much...

So am I nuts or what? Gonna start making solid state versions of my designs to see what sounds they come up with. Maybe just preamps first.

• Members

Yeah, some people were running to their cars to move them, and got hit pretty bad.

My truck is getting older, and more rusty, so it didnt bother me too much. If anything, where theres not dents, there is 'clean round spots' all over it, where the dirt is gone, lol.

• Members

Originally posted by JamesPeters

So am I nuts or what? Gonna start making solid state versions of my designs to see what sounds they come up with. Maybe just preamps first.

Yeah, i saw that in another thread and was gonna comment on it. So, you gonna try that method of the coupling FET stages? 100K trim, and the cap/resistor combo on the drain.

Ive always thought about trying to make a few of those pedals based on that model. Seems like there are some good reviews on them...

If anything else, maybe you will come up with a badass booster pedal, that you could make pretty cheaply...

Archived