SS Posse!!!

Shask

• Members
Originally posted by JamesPeters

It does cleans and classic OD stuff quite nicely in its own way, much better than I thought. It also functions as a poweramp if you want it to. And it is small and light--I'm not sure what you were expecting man, because for what it is, it's the smallest I'd have ever expected.
:)

500T's treble is a bit smoother sounding. Same general aggression. 500T has higher output, so you have to be a bit more careful with pickup height (and possibly the volume control on your guitar, depending). For the most part it's hard to tell the difference between the two pickups; they're very similar.

I just thought it would be smaller. Like one of those 90's Zoom things or somthing. Not the size of a POD.

I thought maybe the Custom would be bit clearer, or tighter on the low end or something...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by DirtyBird

I dumped Beth tonight.

Long story, and I'm kinda bummed.

Basically I gave her one last chance to get her {censored} together and fix things, and gave her nearly a week to do it.

And guess what, she didn't do it.

So I told her goodbye and now I'm single.
:(

Shes probably a person that lacks self motivation, and thats definitely what you dont need to be around right now.

I think you are at a point where you really need that motivation, because your at a critical point where you need to make some decisions...

• Members
Originally posted by Shask

I just thought it would be smaller. Like one of those 90's Zoom things or somthing. Not the size of a POD.

I thought maybe the Custom would be bit clearer, or tighter on the low end or something...

It's a 150W poweramp though! :) And stuff. Exactly how loud it is for its rating, I'm not sure, but it's at least decently loud...

Have you run the 500T at a reasonable height (ie. lower) and possibly with your guitar's volume turned down a notch or two? It can be tight and clear.

• Members

Originally posted by JamesPeters

Always mess with the pickup height when trying a new pickup, always. Golden rule.

I know Ive thought about lowering the 500Xl to see if I liked it better like that.

Sometimes pickups like that, where it seems like they have too much of everything, I wonder if lowering them a bit would kind of get it out of that overaly extended range...

• Members

I just messed around very quickly. With my Agile/500XL/C#, and Ibanez/498T/B.

I normally keep bridge pickups around 1/8" away from the strings, but I did some increments to about 1/4" away.

I did seem to notice a lot of low end boominess went away. But at the same time, it just sort of leaves the treble there, which sounds more dominant now.

I will have to play with it more later...

• Members

im really thinking about buying that one guy's dragon head on here... but i just found out that a guy I know can get me a really nice deal on a car... all i have to do is pay what car dealerships pay for cars. Like when a dealership pays 4 grand for a car, and sells it for 13 thousand...all I gotta do is pay the 4.

So I guess I'll be savin up :)

And I get to put in some over time this week so thats cool. 10.5 hours today.

• Members
Originally posted by faded

im really thinking about buying that one guy's dragon head on here... but i just found out that a guy I know can get me a really nice deal on a car... all i have to do is pay what car dealerships pay for cars. Like when a dealership pays 4 grand for a car, and sells it for 13 thousand...all I gotta do is pay the 4.

So I guess I'll be savin up
:)

And I get to put in some over time this week so thats cool. 10.5 hours today.

Ive never heard a Framus.

I did get the guitar again though that you wanted :p

• Members
Originally posted by HELSTRUME

Man its still hot here. It started to storm on the way home, then it cleared up
:confused:
On the plus side, I got another raise at work
:thu:

Its been fairly warm and clear here today, after being next to freezing early in the morning, and overnight...

• Members

I just messed around very quickly. With my Agile/500XL/C#, and Ibanez/498T/B.

I normally keep bridge pickups around 1/8" away from the strings, but I did some increments to about 1/4" away.

I did seem to notice a lot of low end boominess went away. But at the same time, it just sort of leaves the treble there, which sounds more dominant now.

I will have to play with it more later...

Ive never ever messed with the pole pieces on pickups either. maybe I should start :confused:

• Members

Meh, like a lot of things when it comes to gear, I decide there is no better or worse, only different.

So I just leave {censored} alone if I'm satisfied.

Messing with pole pieces aint a good idea... you'll never be able to get it to sound the same as it did originally, unless you log very carefully how you adjust them.

I have bad news, though.

Beth is all pset about me leaving her, so she calls me constantly today. I never answered the phone, just listened to her voicemails.

She's sick, so she went to the hospital around 11:00 today, and just got out around 11:00 tonight. She was apparently really sick, really upset, and really lonely, and apparently she might have cancer.

I mean I care about herj ust as much as I ever have, it's just I dont think she has the motivation to do what she needs to do if she wants to be with me so I just broke it off. but I figured I still care about her, and I AM very, very worried about her. :( And she was upset and I felt like she needed me so I went and hung out with her tonight and hugged her and told her it would all be okay and this and that.

She has a growth about the size of a quarter on her spleen. :(

I feel so bad for her. She's been having abdominal pains and is puking bile, and her white blood cell count is really high, and this and that and the other. She's got a lot of {censored} going on.

She just quit school today, too. :(

So we were talking tonight, and I'm so harsh on her, and I keep telling her Im hard on her because I care. It just isnt fair to me, and pretty much she just "revealed" to me that she still has major cravings for her lortabs she used to have a major problem with .And me and her had a big talk about this a while back, and she was worried I would leave her over that if i found out later on.

So I'm like, first of all, I would never judge you or something like that, I dont care, I only care if you're popping pills like a junkie all day long. Secondly, if you did have a problem, I'm here to help you through it, and thirdly why the {censored} didnt you tell me earlier? And she was like "I was scared, embarassed, etc, I was going to, I thought about writing you a message on myspace about it and just having you read it."...

Apparently she was really ashamed about it. but I dotn care, I told her as long as she's not popping pills all day I dont care.

But I dont know, it's just weird. I told her I'm tired of her coming up with god damn excuses all the time, and that she knows what she needs to do, and I'm not going to be "with" her until she takes care of her {censored}.

And now she's got to worry about having cancer on top of all of it.

God... I would not want to be her... and then I dont exactly feel like I've gotten myself into a great situation either, but what can I say, I really do care about her, and at least I dont have a growth in my spleen.

• Members

Well, it does sound like she caused a lot of her own problems. No matter how you ration it out, she could fix a lot of it if she had the motivation to do so.

To be honest, this reminds me of the same story a lot of people have. I have heard it many times. I guess thats why I feel like a cut off would be good, because its a situation that never really gets better. That, and 2 years ago, I would have never seen you getting into this type of situation.

Its sad about the Cancer thing, but at least they seemed to find it early on, and can take care of it now.

I guess I tend to think, think about yourself. What do YOU need? Do you need that drama? I guess I see you needing direction, education, and work experience MUCH more than worrying about any of that. These next few years will really shape your future, so what kind of future do you want?

• Members

I dont know, basically I told her I'll be her friend and be there for her for a while...

But I"m not going to actually see her anymore. I'm just wanting to keep in touch to make sure she's okay.

And I told her if/when she gets her {censored} together we can try it again but I told her I made no promises that I'd be there waiting for her, and that it's up to her.

SO right now I'm focussing on school and work, and I'm just worried about whether or not she's going to be okay. I dont really care about the romantic attachment anymore. I've been bracing myself for some sort of breakup/split for a while now and I can handle it.

But this tumor {censored} is just not something I could havep lanned for, and even though we're not really together, I'm still the best friend she has, and I just cant live with myself knowing ij ust completely desserted her when she was going through {censored} that intense. I DO care about her.... and she's probably the best friend I have right now too.

• Members

Originally posted by DirtyBird

I dont know, basically I told her I'll be her friend and be there for her for a while...

But I"m not going to actually see her anymore. I'm just wanting to keep in touch to make sure she's okay.

And I told her if/when she gets her {censored} together we can try it again but I told her I made no promises that I'd be there waiting for her, and that it's up to her.

SO right now I'm focussing on school and work, and I'm just worried about whether or not she's going to be okay. I dont really care about the romantic attachment anymore. I've been bracing myself for some sort of breakup/split for a while now and I can handle it.

But this tumor {censored} is just not something I could havep lanned for, and even though we're not really together, I'm still the best friend she has, and I just cant live with myself knowing ij ust completely desserted her when she was going through {censored} that intense. I DO care about her.... and she's probably the best friend I have right now too.

Yes, you need to work on yourself. I think its good to care, and help someone, but at the same time, you dont want to be her crutch.

• Members

That sucks. I really hate to even shop for new gear unless I have all the cash in hand...

Yeah, I wouldn't have gone for it except the damn things are few and far between latey used, and that I'm only a few days away from having more than enough $$ on hand..

Oh well, I'll snag the next one.

And ditto on Shask's position on the troubles there DB.

Archived