SS Posse!!!

Shask

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Toshiro

Well gee, Rockmaster in a 100 watt head for $400 would be pretty sweet I bet, but really.... Rather have the Laney.....

Ive actually always wondered if maybe the Ultra+ sounded a bit better than the Rockmaster, because for 1, its a head, heads always sound bigger, and for 2, the head has that 3 way resonance switch, so you could probably loosen it up some, which of course again, would make it sound bigger.

• Members
Originally posted by Shask

Ive actually always wondered if maybe the Ultra+ sounded a bit better than the Rockmaster, because for 1, its a head, heads always sound bigger, and for 2, the head has that 3 way resonance switch, so you could probably loosen it up some, which of course again, would make it sound bigger.

Must.....Fight....GAS..... :mad:

• Members

:D

Have you played a XXX?

Yeah, it was pretty cool. The JSX owned it though. Which is why this damn Ultra+ seems so damn cool... glargh.

I'm going pawn and music store hopping in the morning, see what's in town... Not gonna rush into anything...

Besides, my extra tax check isn't here yet. ;)

• Members

Ive never actually played a JSX.

I know the XXX is basically a fuzzed up, Recto'd up Ultra+ though.

Yeah, it has the low-end and gain of a recto, different voicing though. A Peavey Recto. :p The JSX was a lot cleaner sounding, yet with the same level of gain.

• Members

Well, the only used tube amp for sale in town is a JCM900(and not the SLX either).

Ugh.

That Peavey has an active EQ and the Peavey mids thing though, which makes me wary... The dude disconnected the reverc too. Said it made the amp sound bad with the reverb hooked up, even at zero...

Still, rather hold out for something else.

• Members

It does sound like that one is broke, if he had to disconnect the reverb.

Nah, guy's just a fruitcake. One of those guys who goes "This is The BEST METAL AMP EVER" but is running a Triaxis/2-90 rig.

• Members

Originally posted by Toshiro

Yeah, but you don't go ona bout an amp you're selling being "The Best Metal Amp Evar!!1!" when you're in a metal band using something else. lol

"Yeah man, it's so badass and incredibly awesome in every way that I feel compelled to sell it!

• Members

I'm getting either a GH50L, or I'm getting a Recto.

Depends on how much patience I have.

I just got $248 in this last paycheck...

Ugh... that was a LOT of hours...

I guess if I work my ass off I can get a recto in another couple of months...

But I wonder if I have that kind of patience...

:(

And I've been listening to The Gathering by Testament all day, and I think that's rectifier... and good lord that {censored} is heavy.

My EMG's and SD-1 would make that rectifier sound tight enough I bet! :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by DirtyBird

I'm getting either a GH50L, or I'm getting a Recto.

Depends on how much patience I have.

I just got $248 in this last paycheck...

Ugh... that was a LOT of hours...

I guess if I work my ass off I can get a recto in another couple of months...

But I wonder if I have that kind of patience...

:(

Isnt it so rewarding to bust your ass night after night, just to see a paycheck that you cant even pay all your bills with :)

• Members

That other thread showing the guts of a GH50L is kind of interesting. In all the years those amps have been out, I have never seen the inside of one.

What are they going for now anyways? Im sure its not around $250 like they used to be...

Archived