SS Posse!!!

Shask

• Members

Originally posted by HELSTRUME

Me, my brother and his son, went and rode dirt bikes all day. It was fun as hell. I havn't rode in a while. It would be sweet to have one, and live next to some woods.

My dad came over last night. brought his Peavey Strat copy I was messing with. And he was listening to the Studio preamp, and Mark III, comparing it with his Mark 4, and Formula rack.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by DirtyBird

Man, I just got home, worked 5:00 PM to 3:00 AM... according to hte clock. Me and the manager ended up working a lot later than that but Id ont mind working off hte clock if the manager is helping me out, also working off the clock. It's not so bad then.

But damn that {censored} sucks. I got to be back there at 11:00 tomorrow and work until 5:00.
:(

At least I have Monday off, thank god.

Gotta be back at work Tuesday and Wednesday though...

Im not a big fan of them ;)

yeah, work can be fun sometimes. I dont know about that off the clock {censored} though :o We would generally just round it up, like 3am or whatever, and finish the paperwork and {censored}, and maybe realistically get done at like 240, and write it in and go home.

Sounds like you are liking it more though :)

• Members

I live off I-4 near I-95. lol

Originally posted by Shask

So T, if you get a Laney, are you gonna sell everything you got?

The Vamp-poweramp-rack would go. I'd keep the FCB1010 and hook it up to the POD, and I'm not selling my TS-9... :D

• Members

So you would keep the PODxt for Effects then?

I would keep the PODxt and J-Station for recordings and late-night practicing/jamming(Can't bring myself to sell the J-S, even thogh it might not see much use). :)

• Members
Originally posted by DirtyBird

Do any of us not live next to the interstate?

Instead of hte SS Posse, we should be the People Who Live RIght Next To The INterstate POsse

PWLRNTTI Posse.

:cool:

It sure makes getting to places a lot easier.

• Members

I prefer to drive through town if its not really THAT far. I didnt used to live next to Interstates, so I dont naturally think about taking them.

But of course, many areas, its just much quicker to take them.

• Members

So you like the PODxt that much
:D

Eh, it's growing on me. lol It's much better now with the compressor in front, I don't feel like I'm fighting with it.

What I do find is that I only use a couple models, and I'm always shooting for variations of the same basic tone. If Line 6 had a Laney model, I'd probably just use that and be done with. I do hope they add in the "new" Vetta models, would be nice to have the Modern High Gain back, plus the DSL model just has to be better than the TSL one. lol

I started looking into getting a tube power amp, like a Carvin T100, but then I'd have the same volume problems I had with a regular tube amp. Might as well just get a head, right? Well, I still want a GH50L, so...l. ;) Unless of course a VH100R turns up within my price-range.

I do like the idea of a Engl Fireball, but they seem even rarer than Laney's used, and I can't afford new at the moment. Plus I've played the GH50L, I know I love it's tone, I'm not 100% on the Engls.

• Members

Well rack stuff, the volume always seems more controllable. Probably because there are 3-4 volumes usually in the chain somewhere, instead of just 1 main one.

I dont usually use too many models either. Like how I dont make presets ;) Thats why I always say that is the downfall of it, it has tons of things to find your tone, but its annoying, because it has so many things to find your tone :p

• Members

Originally posted by TheGZeus,OnFire

Oh yeah.

I was gonna ask you about some anime thing or something Japanese....

THis isn't that, but do you know anyone in the Twin Cities area that wants to learn Japanese?

I need to talk to more people.

Um, not off-hand... what few friends I have are mostly around here... lol

• Members
Originally posted by Toshiro

Well, that kills that, the XXX is squishy enough.
:p

I actually remember them being tighter and clearer than the XXX. The XXX, they fuzzied it up to make it more Recto like...

• Members

Originally posted by TheGZeus,OnFire

Oh yeah.

I was gonna ask you about some anime thing or something Japanese....

THis isn't that, but do you know anyone in the Twin Cities area that wants to learn Japanese?

I need to talk to more people.

I would think you could go to the local Japanese resturant, or book store or something to meet more...

Archived