SS Posse!!!

Shask

• Members
Originally posted by Shask

Theres nothing wrong with it. The neck is pretty fat, but it is 1 5/8" nut and 25" scale. I dunno, most of my guitars are more strat style, and this one is more like a Les Paul with frets above the 14th. Its just kind of different compared to my others. Plus, I have that L500-XL pickup in it, and Im not real fond of it.

Since I like LPs, you think I would like it? It would probably sound pretty sweet with an EVO II in the bridge.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that pedal would sound a lot better in the loop, and I was thinking about putting it in the Rockmaster's master loop...

But it just occured to me...

Why would you have an fx loop on a preamp? :confused: Couldn't you just put it between the pre out and the power amp in?

:confused:

• Members
Originally posted by HELSTRUME

Since I like LPs, you think I would like it? It would probably sound pretty sweet with an EVO II in the bridge.

You probablywould, as long as you like a fatter neck. Its kind of LP-y as int he body is kinda thick and such. I do like it, I just wish it were more PRS-y than LP-y...

• Members
Originally posted by DirtyBird

I think that pedal would sound a lot better in the loop, and I was thinking about putting it in the Rockmaster's master loop...

But it just occured to me...

Why would you have an fx loop on a preamp?
Couldn't you just put it between the pre out and the power amp in?

Ahh, So you have finally found lifes mystery in rack world :p

• Members

Yep I was right, that pedal sounds fantastic in the loop!

I was kidna disappointed with it but I figured it was crapping and mudding out from throwing everything through the whole preamp.

So I put it through the fx loop of my 5150, sounds great.
:)

It should sound better in the loop. Unless maybe you want to loop a clean passage and then solo with distortion over it.

• Members
Originally posted by Shask

Ahh, So you have finally found lifes mystery in rack world
:p

Are you kidding or is this really an often-asked question?

Either way, it's fairly obvious to me that it sounds much better after distortion, which I suspected it might but I didnt know the difference would be THAT drastic. :eek:

• Members

Then why does everyone want DY?

I cant stand DY myself... but I only like blue/red/green guitars....
:D

It depends on how much daylight the guitar got over the years. Lots of bright sunlight was death to a neon finish.

Find one in prefect condition, and it looks incredible, IMO.

• Members

Toshiro!!!!!!

I was reading my prestige thingie and they mentioned cali and some city in Japan that started with an N for the two places where the ideas come from and you stated Fujigengakki as the shop where the prestige guitars are made.

Only asking cause I will not pay $1000 unless that guitar is made in the prestige house. I am asking because I may have to throw a deposit down soon and don't want to buy the guitar without knowing where it is built.

Thanks.

• Members

Fujigengakki has been making the Japanese Ibanezs since pretty much the beginning. They also make/made Fender Japan's guitars, including the old Heartfield line(which is why a Talon 5 is basically a re-cut RG). Now, on the other hand, I'm unsure of exactly where in Japan Fujigen is. lol

The Prestige tag was originally a bunch of hand finishing steps done to the neck, plus different body woods/features/etc. The CNC machines were always the same, hardware, etc. Of course, now that they have Korean Prestiges(the SA and SZ ones, and rumor is all S-series are MIK now), that's not a guarantee of a Japanese guitar.

There's no other Japanese Ibanez plant, they don't own it anyway, so if they're MIJ(which they better {censored}ing be, this is an RG550!) then that's where they're coming from.

• Members

Originally posted by Digital Jams

S or RG model??

It's a Schecter C7... I went off on a tangent, I do that a lot. lol

The dude from Necrophagist is going 7 string though, with that sickening Jackson Warrior-like body style he has a custom of. I hope Ibanez makes a production model out of it, not a sig though, probably. They need some odd shapes, too many strat-a-likes.

Archived