SS Posse!!!

Shask

• Members
Originally posted by DirtyBird

My EMG's and SD-1 would make that rectifier sound tight enough I bet!
:cool:

Many times I have this problem, where my Mesas wont sound good at all, except with my EMG guitars. Im not sure if thats a good or bad thing :confused:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Shask

That other thread showing the guts of a GH50L is kind of interesting. In all the years those amps have been out, I have never seen the inside of one.

What are they going for now anyways? Im sure its not around $250 like they used to be...

What other thread? I'd like to see this...

• Members

arent they only $500 new? Or did they finally quit making them?

It's strange, depends on the retailer, but they're either $750 or around $950...

THere's this strange $200 discrepancy depending on where you look. :confused:

• Members

It seems like all these numbers are much more than I remember
:o

Thank you inflation, thank you Bush, thank you war in Iraq, and most of all, thank you oil compnaies charging $2.70 a gallon while I'm delivering pizzas while you make record profits.

:mad:

• Members

Well, it was 5150s for about $400, and GH50L for about $250 used. I can understand 5150s going up, since the new genres of music all seem to be using them. But the GH? They are still virtually unheard of...

• Members

Well, it was 5150s for about $400, and GH50L for about $250 used. I can understand 5150s going up, since the new genres of music all seem to be using them. But the GH? They are still virtually unheard of...

Message boards are having an effect I guess.

• Members

The dollar is weak I suppose.

The US national debt is horrendous... the dollar is going to landslide down into oblivion as soon as foreign lenders decide we cant be trusted to pay them back...

Our money is everywhere, but it's only worth it if people trust it.

But if we've got national debt this absurd.... that wont always be the case. There's going to be a point where the value of the dollar drops to the point that foreign countries will just ignore it.

And that leaves the dollar worthless.

But I'm hoping since we have our hands in so many international pots and our economy is so huge, that that wont happen...

But you never know... I'm just paranoid. We're just spending too much. We're already going to be paying off that debt for several generations assuming it stops today.

We're all indentured servants to King Bush.

I think the figure comes out to something like 30 grand per person of national debt. We're financing this war in Iraq with millions of dollars in LOANS from RED CHINA with interest compounding continuously. :mad:

• Members
Originally posted by Toshiro

Message boards are having an effect I guess.

Maybe. Or just more people on the net in general, since most things have went up equally. Your not gonna find those Pawn Shops deals anymore. They can just look up the jacked up price on Ebay for reference :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by DirtyBird

The dollar is weak I suppose.

The US national debt is horrendous... the dollar is going to landslide down into oblivion as soon as foreign lenders decide we cant be trusted to pay them back...

Our money is everywhere, but it's only worth it if people trust it.

But if we've got national debt this absurd.... that wont always be the case. There's going to be a point where the value of the dollar drops to the point that foreign countries will just ignore it.

And that leaves the dollar worthless.

But I'm hoping since we have our hands in so many international pots and our economy is so huge, that that wont happen...

But you never know... I'm just paranoid. We're just spending too much.

What sad, is I think there was no debt 5-6 years ago. They do definitely need to cut back on what they are doing.

• Members

Hell, no one's selling {censored} to pawn shops around here anymore in the first place.

I dont even know where they are here, lol. I never go, because all you find anymore are car systems.

• Members

What sad, is I think there was no debt 5-6 years ago. They do definitely need to cut back on what they are doing.

See the thing is, there WAS national debt 5-6 years ago.
The "surplus" just meant we didnt accumulate MORE debt that revenue that year.

It was a surplus for those years... not a net surplus of debt.

inflation.gif

Scary. :(

• Members

I guess the more I see those, the closer I see the cut of stuff like Welfare, and people living free off the government coming to an end...

It's killing the middle class, which is what finances the whole thing.

WIthout the middle class, everyone is going to need to leech off the government, but the government wont be able to afford it.

We're in for hard times later on if things dont change with the next president.

• Members

Still tempted by that Peavey.... Lack of used Laneys lately, everone is after them atm it seems.

There's a couple Ampeg VL-series heads on ebay too, probably sound killer.

I get the impression they probably sound relaly bright, fluid, and not very heavy i guess....

I mean I imagine a lot of gain, but it's a real liquidy kind of processed 80's rack type gain... for some reason.

No idea why.

It just doesn't seem like it would be a "heavy" amp.

Archived