SS Posse!!!

Shask

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh yeah, got a line on another GH50L, and since I have $$ in hand this time... lol

I wanna buy used because I planned to test different 12ax7s in it anyways, and I might not like the EL34s if I get a more recent one. ;)

• Members
Originally posted by Toshiro

What, out already? {censored}, old school Modern High Gain, woohoo!!

(Boots up POD and line6 monkey)

Yeah. I wish it had the old JCM800 also, but one is good enough, I guess :p It has the old rectified somewhere also.

Again, it makes me think about buying the pedal, and making more use of it...

• Members

Oh yeah, got a line on another GH50L, and since I have $$ in hand this time... lol

I wanna buy used because I planned to test different 12ax7s in it anyways, and I might not like the EL34s if I get a more recent one.
;)

Why wouldnt you like 34s on a more recent one?

Or do they come with 6L6s?

:confused:

• Members

Put in 48 Hours this week... Not too bad.

Also my band got onto a Comp. CD thats being recorded right now....Pretty {censored}in sweet :thu: We dont have to go for another 2-3 weeks...i think? But we'll be fine. Its only gonna be two songs but I'm still psyched.

Theres also a show 'kinda' lined up at the end of may

But yeah once we do those two songs ill upload them so you guys can here.

(also explains the lack of posting so no rolly eyed face ok Scott?) :p

• Members
Originally posted by Shask

Why wouldnt you like 34s on a more recent one?

Or do they come with 6L6s?

:confused:

They used to come with 6L6s stock. All th one's I've played through had 6L6s. lol Dunno how the EL34's will change that amp.

• Members
http://www.myspace.com/kylesnecrolepsy

Check it out, I was going through some of my old recordings from band practice last year and I found this song I just chopped up and put on my myspace page.

Should give you an idea of what the band is doing.

Also, I know the bass is high in the mix... it was VERY, VERY ghetto the way we recorded this...

Im surprised it turned out as well as it did. :o

And I think the guitar track was clipping the whole time, but we couldnt tell at the time because the gear we were using sucked so bad and the bass {censored}ed up the mix too much.

But that said it was never meant to be studio quality at all.

• Members
Originally posted by faded

Put in 48 Hours this week... Not too bad.

Also my band got onto a Comp. CD thats being recorded right now....Pretty {censored}in sweet
:thu:
We dont have to go for another 2-3 weeks...i think? But we'll be fine. Its only gonna be two songs but I'm still psyched.

Theres also a show 'kinda' lined up at the end of may

But yeah once we do those two songs ill upload them so you guys can here.

(also explains the lack of posting so no rolly eyed face ok Scott?)
:p

That sounds like it could be fun.

I work 50+ hours a week, and find time to post :rolleyes::p

• Members

They used to come with 6L6s stock. All th one's I've played through had 6L6s. lol Dunno how the EL34's will change that amp.

Im not sure. less bass and more mids I would think...

• Members
Originally posted by Shask

Im not sure. less bass and more mids I would think...

Looks like the one I'll be getting is an older one, it's got the older black-like cloth face. I need to ask the guy what the power tubes are. lol

I think I might like the 6L6 tubes better, it just had enough low end with them... Though, I plan to pick up a GT8 and run it 4 cable, so I'll have a full EQ available in the loop. :)

• Members

Went to GC for the first time today... Wasnt as bad as people like to make it out to be. Although I'm kinda bummed I didnt see any Mesa's but maybe I didnt look hard enough. Was really only there to trade in a drum set with my drummer, and then i tried out a few guitars...

• Members

Well, just sent out payment for the(soon to me mine) GH50L. Joining the world of high-gain tube amps again. Yay!

Now I just need to get it, sell the V-amp-poweramp-rack thing, and buy a Boss GT8. LOL

Dunno how the cab is gonna sound with the Laney though... I mean, the thing was ordered by my ols boss with a specific tone in mind as far as speakers(They're some type of hybrid custom-voiced eminence), so I don't know. Speakers are so damn expensive, if I want something different I'd be better off selling this cab to a store and ordering an Avatar.

I did pick up a cordless screw-gun/drill, and a roll of speaker wire, so I can re-wire my cab back to 8ohm mono(it's in 4ohm stereo at present).

Here's the pic he sent me of it:
laneysmall.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by DirtyBird

When are you gonna get it? Do clips!
:mad:

And anyway, I just ordered some SED 6l6's from Doug tonight... dunno when they'll get here, but I'm eager to get them.
:cool:

Well, 2-3 days for the payment to get to him(Thursday let's say), + probably 5-6 days shipping to me. So next week. :p

One thing about the one locally I was gonna buy those years ago, someone had swapped the chicken heads for chrome dome knobs. I'm planning to do the same to this, only black dome(probably Mesa) knobs. I think it would look better that way. Tube-wise, I'm thinking C9's since I'm a gain-o-holic, and maybe get some new powertubes, depending on what's in it.

I'll make a video clip after I get it. :D

Archived