Orange conglomerate.

duncan

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:love:

Where'd you get it and how much? And does it sound like the old OD/OR series amps?

http://humbuckermusic.com/orre50heinst.html

just one of them popped up there earlier this month. i think they used to be a little more, but i can't remember.

anyway, the sound...well, i'd say it sounds very close to the old non master OR120's...just with a master volume.

I'm saying it sounds like the non master OR120's cause they did sound a little less gainy and were a bit more mid heavy than the OR120M/overdrive amps. even when dimed they did sound a bit different than the OR120M's to be honest.

• Members
I heard July. But for some reason my local Orange dealer didn't want to talk about it. I guess he wants to sell what is available now.

Hi mate, out late May or early June! Worth the wait. Can I join please? :)

Plus you guys are all very welcome on the Orange AMps forum, tell em Chappers sent you :thu:

• Members

got myself a RV 50 head, but thinking of the 100 now for the EL34's. its cleans are simply AMAZING!!. but... the gain maxed out isnt fantastic with the drop D tuning sort of playing. any of you guys using the RV50 or 100 for metal,nu metal or anything like tht?

• Members
got myself a RV 50 head, but thinking of the 100 now for the EL34's. its cleans are simply AMAZING!!. but... the gain maxed out isnt fantastic with the drop D tuning sort of playing. any of you guys using the RV50 or 100 for metal,nu metal or anything like tht?

Yes, the clean is amazing. It's very '3D' sounding, IMO. I crack up when I hear negative comments about the clean on these amps :poke:. They are great with single coils, at least, with my Tele. With humbuckers you can't expect the best clean... And yes, I'm using the RV50 for drop D, half-step tuning playing everything from rock to metal :rawk:. The RV50 is still my favorite amp, bar none.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived