Orange conglomerate.

duncan

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I second the call for opinions/experiences with Eminence vs V30 speakers... anyone? I'm beginning to develop quite a distaste for V30's and their penchant for being bright and "ice-picky". I don't yet have an Orange cab but when the finances permit I've been leaning heavily toward a 2x12.

• Members

you won't be disappointed. the orange 2x12 is pretty amazing.

mine turned my lead guitarist marshall 4x12 into (insert something significantly wussier)

...sorry i'm not feeling very clever today.

Start a thread about Eminence vs V30
but it will need a clever name.

clearly i am not the man for the job :)

• Members
i own an ad140, a rocker 30, and a ppc212. here are a few pictures of them, for those interested. =)

orangestack.jpg

prac1.jpg

prac2.jpg

which did you prefer the AD140 or the Rocker30?

I had an AD30 and I am wishing I hadn't sold it. But I needed the bling.

• Members

I'm sure this has been asked 1,000 times, but I was wondering how an orange 2x12 compares to a marshall 4x12.

I am seriously considering switching my marshall out for an orange, but I don't want to lose any low end or punchiness by going from a 4x12 to a 2x12. Any feedback on this?

• Members

thats what i changed from. i had a marshall 1960B 4x12 with v30's and I got an orange 2x12, and it had a better low response and a tighter sound.

i don't regret changing from my marshall to the orange. don't get me wrong that marshall served me well for 6 years, but the orange is soooo much better.

• Members

Thanks guys.

A local guitar shop has an orange 2x12 that I was looking at. I think I might bring my amp and ask them to let me try it out.

The reason I was scared to make the change is I used to have a mesa 2x12 that had the same speakers as the orange 2x12's. I'm not sure if something was wrong with it, but it sounded....not good. I got rid of it and picked up a 1960A cab, and the problem was solved. But like I said, I think something was wrong with that mesa cab....

• Members
which did you prefer the AD140 or the Rocker30?

I had an AD30 and I am wishing I hadn't sold it. But I needed the bling.

i bought the rocker 30 first (it was nearly brand new, for $840 to my door :) ) and i loved it. however, i really wanted to get ahold of an ad30 or an ad140 so that i could play it side by side with the rocker and make up my mind. i then ended up stealing my ad140 for $1170 shipped on the bay. i still have not played the ad30, and im not going to, because i love my ad140 to death, and i am planning on grabbing an ac30 very soon (which will cover my el84, 30watt needs).

i prefered the ad140 to the rocker 30. HOWEVER, i sold the rocker 30 to my buddy/bandmate, and he is playing it through a vintage vox 2x12 with celestion greenbacks, and it sounds friggin amazing. through his cab, the rocker 30 sounds like heaven. to be honest, the rocker 30 through the orange 2x12 with v30s didn't do it for me.

the orange 2x12 is amazing. it sounds better than any 4x12 i have ever played on. everything that has been said about the orange cabinets in this thread is dead on.

i think i covered the questions...if not, let me know.

• Members

I just bought an orange 2x12 with v30's. I am using with a H&K Duotone head. I must say... the 2x12 is absolutely amazing. The bottom end is so smooth, and the mids.... ugh... the mids make me want to hug the thing. It really does outperform all 4x12's I have heard. The only downsize.... IT IS ONE HEAVY MO-FO!

• Members
i own an ad140, a rocker 30, and a ppc212. here are a few pictures of them, for those interested. =)

orangestack.jpg

prac1.jpg

prac2.jpg

Hi MAte - do you find the rugs hanging from your walls helps with sound absorbtion? I've heard of this being used by some - what are your overall impressions. Cheers.....:thu:

• Members

i have an orange 2x12 and a mesa 2x12 stacked. And they work great together. Although I should note that I switched out the speakers in the mesa and now it is a 16 ohm cab instead of an 8 ohm cab. (thanks to Weathered)

also from what it looks like there was a change in a mesa 2x12 line. i don't know when it happened but they used to be a lot bigger, and everyone said they were boomy. well i'm running a 5150 through it and it doesn't sound boomy in the least.

If I recall the Orange 2x12 clocks in at 72 pounds. its a heavy mofo. The mesa weighs a little less, but it is pretty close to the same dimensions.

• Members
Hi MAte - do you find the rugs hanging from your walls helps with sound absorbtion? I've heard of this being used by some - what are your overall impressions. Cheers.....
:thu:

it helped us out a lot, when the walls were bare in our studio the sound was terrible, very "echo-y" and "pingy". once we put up the blankets, it was dampened drastically. its a quick, easy and cheap way to improve the sound of your room, IMO.

Archived