Orange conglomerate.

duncan

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, how I miss my RV50, which I sold fairly cheap about 3 months ago 'cause I just wasn't using it. Got back into music as a hobby again OF COURSE.

Here's a tune I did with my kids a couple of years ago that prominently features the RV50, a sort of joke/theme tune for my WOW guild.

-son plays leads, LTD EC1000 thru RV50 - no effects except the heard wah.

-me on rhythm, the roaring dirt is a '62 AVRI Tele and the RV50 - no effects. Clean vibrato rhythm is a different Tele thru a '66 Pro Reverb. Also my goofy vocal.

-other son did the drums and bass

cabinet was an Avatar G212H Premier with a V30 and a G12H30. One speaker sounded way better mic'd, but I forget which :cry:. SM57, direct into a Boss recorder, no effects in chain or post EQ.

click the little green 'PLAY' button upper right. http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=28254

• Members

yup. the attenuator is a godsend. literally, same OD tone at whisper quiet to drummer killing roar. i use the example of drumemr killing because at band practice, i couldnt understand why this amp was blowing my drummer's brains out but i wanted more volume out of a cranked 50W amp. turns out the PPC-412s are SUPER projective. so, get an amp stand or....a vox 212!!! i plan on stacking these for a wider range. but in the meantime, the 212 makes a good intermediate. light enough to haul back and forth, but more menacing (in that good way) and better looking than the epi VJ 112 i was using for bedroom stuff, though the little guy performed quite admirably itself, i must say. but yeah, the point: the attenuator works, and works WELL. technically, i will never need another amp ever again, but we all know how that turns out... already got a valve senior preordered and i want an AD140HTC/rockerverb50/100. the GAS goes on... but for the record, i am not a spoiled rich kid, my rig is courtesy of my service in the united states navy andis the product of several deployment savings. and since i am getting out, my GAS money is out the window. luckilly i have PRETTY much all i want for now. thanks, US Govt!!!

• Members

my RV50 arrived today. immaculate condition and purchased from a fellow forum member. it is everything i fantasized it to be and more. i thought it couldn't get much better than the tiny terror (which i love) but, the RV50 takes it even further beyond the TT. orange makes the best amps i have ever played through. from an ex-marshall user i say without a doubt i am an orange man for life.

• Members

i played an RV50 to test the vox cab the other day. nice and gainy. smooth. 4x 6V6 is an interesting and satisfying blend, if you ask me. great amp. i wish it had the thunderverb's attenuator so i could have the different flavors. could use a weber mass i guess. the micro mass i got for my VJ works like a charm. i still dont know why everyone isnt buying attenuators and why all companies arent buiulding them into their amps. no tone loss wahtsoever. i know everyone is skeptical about them, but serious. if they are all as good as the orange onboard one or the webers (using the reactive load, not resistor based however the orange im sure is resistor), there is no excuse. anyway, congrats on teh RV50. great amp. and shame on us for the metallica thing.

• Members
recent addition

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/BlackHolesAndRevelations/gear/amps/GEDC0178.jpg

'71 plexi panel 120 watt. possibly made by matamp, but i don't know

probably going to get an orange 4x12 next - stupidly sold the 2x12 i had

Man, that is sick !!! Yea, get an Orange 4 x 12 , they are the best cab for these bad boys. Keep the Orange love coming ! Here's a couple of pics from some recent gigs :
2628632154_8dc8f38f52_o.jpg
2666835104_fd12a840e2_o.jpg

• Members

bump! new rearranged room rig

roomrig-1.jpg
jubb: if you look real close (pics dark i know) you can see a russian stone in the same corner!

308233053_1049463908_0.jpg

:love:

I just sold my russian small stone about an hour ago. right after I realized how great it sounded. :facepalm: but that's fine i have a nano stone now.

what else is on your board, mainly the three unpainted boxes?

Archived