Orange conglomerate.

duncan

• Members

Originally posted by taken

Yeah it's worth it. I'm only 45 min. from Minnesota so that's where I got mine. When you bring it back across the border you only have to pay 14% tax, no duty or brokerages which isn't bad.

Where at in Minnesota did you go? I've called a few dealers around here (Fergus Falls, Alexandria, St Cloud) and everybody says they're back ordered with no ETA. And, if you don't mind me asking, what was the total price?

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by silverfacechamp

Where at in Minnesota did you go? I've called a few dealers around here (Fergus Falls, Alexandria, St Cloud) and everybody says they're back ordered with no ETA. And, if you don't mind me asking, what was the total price?

Did you try Willie's in St. Paul?

• Members

So I tried my SG with my rocker 30 head (going into a single vintage 30 speaker), and here's what I have to say regarding the tone with different guitars. Keep in mind I have everything set on '5'. (except the dirty channel gain, which I usually have around '8').

Fender standard Strat with single coils = excellent cleans, but it wasn't easy to get the amp to break up. The dirty channel was pretty muddy sounding with this guitar.

Gibson SG Junior with single bridge P-90 = PERFECT! :love: perfect cleans, the clean channel breaks up exactly where I want it to. The dirty channel has LOTS of bite. I really like this guitar/amp combo. It has the well known Orange tone. (sort of like the 70's Orange overdrive 120, but a little brighter with a bit of fuzz).

Gibson Les Paul double cut studio with 490R/498T pickups = as you lot probably know, these pickups are really muddy. They have a fair amount of output, which is pretty good...Not my favorite tone, though.

Yamaha Pacifica with Bare Knuckle Nailbomb bridge pickup = This pickup doesn't sound as great as the P-90..too much output (16K), which causes the amp to break up too soon on the clean channel, but the dirty channel is still great..although it's a bit fuzzy.

This amp is very transparent with guitars.

So, overall, I think P-90's sound best with this amp.

• Members

I'm a little confused as to what I should do right now.

I like the Tiny Terror, but I seem to be liking my Mesa more. Don't get me wrong the TT is absolutely amazing, but I'm thinking that maybe my mesa is just more for me. More gain, more bite, etc.

Right now Im playing the TT through the speaker in my mesa combo, which is a blackshadow speaker I believe.

I'm wondering if I should get an Orange cab to play with the TT, or just sell the TT and buy an orange cab to play with my Mesa.......:(

• Members

Anybody got opinions on Eminence vs Celestions with the Oranges? I have a
'73 OR120 and '74 OD120 with a '70s 6-12 bottom. It seems to fit soundwise between my '74 Marshall 50 watt with 4-12 greenback cabinet and my '79 Hiwatt 100 with 4-12 Fanes. I've been thinking of getting a new 2-12 bottom for the portability. Thoughts? I play a '58 Esquire and 2006 PRS Singlecut through these.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Considering TT vs. RK30.

TT

Pros:

Its so small and cute. I mean convenient for getting to gigs, comes with gigbag, its light, etc

Its cheaper

It might just cut it for live, if mic'd?

Its better for use at home

Cons:

Might be flat out live with nowhere left to go, would prefer to have 30watts and be safe

Its not really that cheap when you have to consider buying a cabinet, and not so convenient when you have to lug around that cabinet.

RK30

Pros:

Headroom

Everything

Cons:

Weight

Hmm

• Members

Considering TT vs. RK30.

TT

Pros:

Its so small and cute. I mean convenient for getting to gigs, comes with gigbag, its light, etc

Its cheaper

It might just cut it for live, if mic'd?

Its better for use at home

Cons:

Might be flat out live with nowhere left to go, would prefer to have 30watts and be safe

Its not really that cheap when you have to consider buying a cabinet, and not so convenient when you have to lug around that cabinet.

RK30

Pros:

Headroom

Everything

Cons:

Weight

Hmm

Here's a con for the rocker 30: No eq for the clean channel, and the clean channel is the weak point of the amp. Very boxy. Gain channel is great though.

• Members

Here's a con for the rocker 30: No eq for the clean channel, and the clean channel is the weak point of the amp. Very boxy. Gain channel is great though.

What pickups are you using with its clean channel though??? If they are very mid focused that's your problem;)

• Members

What pickups are you using with its clean channel though??? If they are very mid focused that's your problem;)

Psshh.... Man, I've owned enough guitars and amps to differentiate where eq is coming from. Plus, I was able to listen to the amp in comparison to a vox ac-30 handwired, a 66' twin reverb and orange ad-140tc. Believe me, I've got reference points.

• Members

i got teh PPC412, someone PM me if they have any experience on an X pattern with 2 V30s and 2 G12t-75s in this cab, how does it sound with a 5150? I'm going to go try out a rockerverb this weekend aswell!

edit: or the G12-100s or wahtever come in the new orange cab, how do thos X pattern with V30s?

Archived