Orange conglomerate.

duncan

• Members

I have used everything from egg shell foam (the stuff you put on your matress) to professional grade foam, to carpet.

It helps a LOT!

The space my band is currently renting came with carpet nailed against the wall. it starts at the floor and goes to about neck height. Seems to work pretty good. Anything will help. Just find something to absorb the sound.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

it helped us out a lot, when the walls were bare in our studio the sound was terrible, very "echo-y" and "pingy". once we put up the blankets, it was dampened drastically. its a quick, easy and cheap way to improve the sound of your room, IMO.

+ DavidM - cheers for the info boys....will give this a try....

Has anyone tried KT77's in their RV100 and did it open up the dirty channel??

• Members

A new Orange owner joins the conglomerate!
Orange TT, with a PPC112 on it's way. Any impressions on this cab?

I'm just a bedroom guitar player, and currently play my TT through the cab of a custom 5W combo, with a Celestion V30 inside. Will switching to the Celestion G12K-100 in the PPC112 make it much louder using the same settings (i.e. volume) on the TT? I'd definitely go for the increased low-end in the Orange cab and the better quality, but I'm a bit scared of the 100W rating...

What sayest thou? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

This amp is amazing, but it seems to be pushing my 2x12 (dual V30's) way too hard..what's a good 4x12 or even a 2x12 for this amp?

I suppose a cab that handles at least 150 watts would be safe...you reckon the Orange 4x12 is worth the price tag? (since most 4x12's are in the $600-$800 range).

anyway, here's the family pic:

oranges.JPG

• 7 months later...
  • Members

when do the tiny terror combos come out?

i really wanna join!

I heard July. But for some reason my local Orange dealer didn't want to talk about it. I guess he wants to sell what is available now.

Archived