Orange conglomerate.

duncan

• Members

Played my bass player's Rockerverb 50 yesterday at band practice.

That amp is so dark! Wow! The gain channel sounded fantastic for leads and 'cowboy' chords, but wasn't very good at all for anything palm-muted or drop D'd.

Clean was pretty rough too. :freak:

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Played my bass player's Rockerverb 50 yesterday at band practice.

That amp is so dark! Wow! The gain channel sounded fantastic for leads and 'cowboy' chords, but wasn't very good at all for anything palm-muted or drop D'd.

Clean was pretty rough too.
:freak:

What do you mean the clean was rough, I like the clean on the orange rockerverb 50Head, its got a nice tone, pretty good touch sensitivity. Not as good as the clean on a Blackface fender or Laney VH100R, but a nice clean, IMO. Beats the clean on my marshall silver jubilee or on the Engl Fireball I used to have...

• Members

What do you mean the clean was rough, I like the clean on the orange rockerverb 50Head, its got a nice tone, pretty good touch sensitivity. Not as good as the clean on a Blackface fender or Laney VH100R, but a nice clean, IMO. Beats the clean on my marshall silver jubilee or on the Engl Fireball I used to have...

I much prefer the cleans on my Road King is all.

I thought the Rockerverb's clean sounded really tubby, for lack of a better word. They should have given it a mid control.

• Members

I much prefer the cleans on my Road King is all.

I thought the Rockerverb's clean sounded really tubby, for lack of a better word. They should have given it a mid control.

I agree a mid control would have been really nice. At least they gave it a couple of tone controls unlike the Rocker 30 clean channel...

• Members

i got teh PPC412, someone PM me if they have any experience on an X pattern with 2 V30s and 2 G12t-75s in this cab, how does it sound with a 5150? I'm going to go try out a rockerverb this weekend aswell!

edit: or the G12-100s or wahtever come in the new orange cab, how do thos X pattern with V30s?

Well i don't have an X-pattern but i do have a cab with G12t-75's and a cab with v30s (the orange) that i use with my 5150 cab as a full stack and the 75's add a thump that the v30's don't have, and also extends the high end to get some sparkle and evens out the sound of the v30's i love it. The v30's are obviously more efficient though.

• Members
Welcom Jim, you rock:thu:

What's your amp collection look like now?

like this:
amps.jpg
other than that, my 5150 is in the shop, and my 4x12 is at the band practice house.

the speakers in the orange 2x12 are celestion century vintages.
i think they sound close enough to vintage 30s. they are essentially v30s with a different magnet. i didn't notice enough of a difference to keep the originals in there. especially in this cab. the guy who sold them to me said he noticed more highs and lows in the centurys.
i think they sound great in this cab.
plus it cut about 15 pounds off the weight of the cab.

• Members
like this:

amps.jpg
other than that, my 5150 is in the shop, and my 4x12 is at the band practice house.

the speakers in the orange 2x12 are celestion century vintages.

i think they sound close enough to vintage 30s. they are essentially v30s with a different magnet. i didn't notice enough of a difference to keep the originals in there. especially in this cab. the guy who sold them to me said he noticed more highs and lows in the centurys.

i think they sound great in this cab.

plus it cut about 15 pounds off the weight of the cab.

What year is that Fender pro reverb, that has got my eye.....:thu:

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I don't have it yet but I will join anyway since it will be here this week. I will be the proud owner of an Orange Crush 30R. It may be ss but it's still an Orange and sounds great.:thu: I'll post pics when I get it.

• Members
Nice

I haven't tried those, but I like how my rocker 30 sounds through vintage 30's..but it still has those 'icepick highs' that people complain about. I'm trying to find a smoother sounding speaker.

Orange + G12H30's = :love:

• Members

I got an Orange 1x12 cab to go with my rocker 30.

but..

several flaws (tolex, corners, etc)
the tolex doesn't match the amp..it's sort of red-ish pink almost :freak:

otherwise, it sounds great.

http://www.humbuckermusic.com/or1xspca.html

it's pretty good if you don't mind the cosmetic flaws.

oh, and I'll try the G12H 30 with it soon..i reckon it'll be a good match. It's a very warm speaker :love:

Archived