Orange conglomerate.

duncan

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Im thinking about selling my tverb 50 now i dont know why. It like covers the same ground for me as my Shiva and I like the sound of the shiva better. I wish i liked the scooped sound thing because that shape knob on channel 2 is amazing for that, its just not my style. Its a fantastic amp though. I really love the mid gain tones i can get out of channel 1, its just so pleasing to the ear to play a HUGE open chord and the notes pretty much cascade into the air. Whats the rockerverb like maybe ill try that next?

• Members

Im thinking about selling my tverb 50 now i dont know why. It like covers the same ground for me as my Shiva and I like the sound of the shiva better. I wish i liked the scooped sound thing because that shape knob on channel 2 is amazing for that, its just not my style. Its a fantastic amp though. I really love the mid gain tones i can get out of channel 1, its just so pleasing to the ear to play a HUGE open chord and the notes pretty much cascade into the air. Whats the rockerverb like maybe ill try that next?

Way more compressed and modern. Still sounds great, but it's completely different in terms of gain structure.

• Members

im not really into compressed gain all that much. I might just keep the tverb for the first channel, it really nails the classic rock sound really well. My lp thru that amp is tits. I wish it had a dedicated clean channel thats another gripe i have with it, to set a chennel to a clean sound you have to jack the channel volume to the max and dial the gain to 1 or 2 but then there is very little volume to it and you have to max the attenuator and raise the gain more so its NOT clean anymore and the channel volumes dont match at all.

• Members

im not really into compressed gain all that much. I might just keep the tverb for the first channel, it really nails the classic rock sound really well. My lp thru that amp is tits. I wish it had a dedicated clean channel thats another gripe i have with it, to set a chennel to a clean sound you have to jack the channel volume to the max and dial the gain to 1 or 2 but then there is very little volume to it and you have to max the attenuator and raise the gain more so its NOT clean anymore and the channel volumes dont match at all.

See if you can find a rocker 30 head to try out. I believe you will enjoy that very much. Of course, you could just come to one of our shows when we pass through. We'll have three of them with us lol

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Got my first orange today.... an AD200B... using it for doom/sludge guitar.... Can't believe i didn't go this way earlier. Best amp for pedal's i've ever played. And the low end is insane..... Here's a {censored}ty cell phone demo, feel free to laugh at my goofy ass for the random head banging.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I finally got myself a Dual Terror. I nearly bought one last year, but then went for a Marshall. It had been on my mind ever since. Walked into the local music store the other day, there's a used Dual Terror. I couldn't let it go for the price. Now to save up for a proper 'Orange' cabinet (PPC112)...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

So a local shop got in a RockerVerb 50 but there wasn't a cab to test it by. It doesn't say MKII on it so I assume it's the previous version and it's minty. How much difference between this and the MKII?

Never played an Orange and would love to try it. I hear the 50w version is plenty damn loud. Do they take od pedals well?? How is the build quality...??

• Members

So a local shop got in a RockerVerb 50 but there wasn't a cab to test it by. It doesn't say MKII on it so I assume it's the previous version and it's minty. How much difference between this and the MKII?

Never played an Orange and would love to try it. I hear the 50w version is plenty damn loud. Do they take od pedals well?? How is the build quality...??

differences between MKI (whic your specimen is) and MKII: they went from a very unique sounding 4x6V6 power section to a more standard 2xEL34 setup. did some work to make the effects loop and reverb "better" and added mid control to clean channel.

people seem to love or hate teh rv50mkI. i dig it.

take OD pedals well? yessir.

build quality? fantastic. its PCB, with PCB mounted tube sockets, but its a VERY good PCB and everything is top grade.

• 1 month later...

Archived