mildbill

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by minimoog

View Post

NO New fantom something there where so many rumors about?mad.gifmad.gif

What the Fantom-V? That was a rumor someone concocted for LAST YEAR's NAMM show. Of course people forgot that it was now 2012 and figured it was a rumor for this year too...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Metrosonus

View Post

any clue to the lineage?

sounds like it has a lot to do with Waldorf's VST lineup. the key to this thing will be the sound - the controls and features are fine, very standard for a VA i suppose. what i find curious is that there is no mention of polyphony or 'voices'. it's probably one of those 'dynamic allocation' deals since it runs on DSP but it's nice to at least have an IDEA of the performance one can expect.

if it sounds good, then it will be a really nice VA i think!

• Members

unless i missed one, this is the first high-performance Thunderbolt audio interface! and it's from UAD and can run their very nice plugins. pretty cool, and i bet pretty expensive

http://www.uaudio.com/apollo

2_apollo_mbp.jpg

4_apollo_3qtr.jpg

Apollo High-Resolution Audio Interface with Realtime UAD Processing

Class-Leading 24-bit/192 kHz Sound Quality

Designed to play a central role in a modern Mac- or PC-based studio, Apollo incorporates a true

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by scenicsquare

View Post

sounds like it has a lot to do with Waldorf's VST lineup. the key to this thing will be the sound - the controls and features are fine, very standard for a VA i suppose. what i find curious is that there is no mention of polyphony or 'voices'. it's probably one of those 'dynamic allocation' deals since it runs on DSP but it's nice to at least have an IDEA of the performance one can expect.

if it sounds good, then it will be a really nice VA i think!

The first thing I thought was Largo .. but yea, we'll have to see on that one! Looking forward to it myself..

• Members

didn't realize the 1/5 update was old. sorrys.

the Muffwiggler forums are a hotbed of confusion and hype right now, and i'm not going to try to pick anything out from the goofball low-res photos that are coming in. i'll wait until there's concrete stats and pics, if not some first hand reports.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by scenicsquare

View Post

it needs to be in this thread anyway

Sledge.png

phoca_thumb_l_sledge_perspective.jpg

For many synthesizer enthusiasts, it is the particular interaction of the sound engine and user interface that makes a great instrument. A quick look at Sledge shows you the generous set of controls available to interact directly with the sound engine. When you touch the knobs and switches of the front panel, you will instantly be aware of the meticulous attention to detail our engineers have refined, during many decades building the best electronic keyboards.

You will experience the logical set-up of the synthesizer modules, mirroring the signal flow of a classic analogue synthesizer. But what really distinguishes any synthesizer is its sound. Fortunately, our friends at Waldorf Music have happily shared their experience and know-how on this crucial part of the Sledge Synthesizer.

So we implanted the DSP heart of the latest Waldorf modelling technology into Sledge. The result: enough power to put the foundations of your studio seriously at risk! And plenty of detail, to create the richest analogue pads you could ever want. Besides the classic analogue synthesizer waveforms, you will find a complete set of Wavetables, derived directly from the mother of all digital synthesizers, the PPG Wave.

The sum of three fat oscillators, plus a Noise generator, are fed into Sledge's powerful multimode filter with selectable 24 / 12 dB slope. The highly recognizable Waldorf filter algorithms enable a wide variety of sounds, from smooth to harsh, from fat to distinct, from pure HiFi to badass brutal. Ultra-fast, accurate envelope generators deliver ballsy punch. Two LFOs plus 1 extra Wheel-LFO are on board to offer huge, yet easy to understand, modulation capabilities. And two built-in Effect units deliver sophisticated synthesizer effects, such as Chorus, Phaser and Flanger, as well as a rich Reverb or an analogue style Delay.

And the best part

• Members

wow okay guys got some more surprises for my fellow synth heads -

p10.jpg

SID is an 8-Bit desktop synthesizer with a double personality.

It's simplistic layout and ease of use delivers pleasure at the first touch and it's familiar step sequencer will have you programming patterns and beats in no time. 3 expression knobs control the key features of each Patch for instant results.

But don't let it's simplicity fool you:

The supplied SID STUDIO SOFTWARE enables you to tweak every parameter under the hood! Draw and design your patches with instant feedback from the SID. Also check out the NERD-PANEL, a powerful interactive blueprint which enables you to address the chip one pin at a time - also a great educational tool.

Features

100+ Patches

50+ Wavetables drum sounds/effects

AUDIO IN

AUDIO OUT

MIDI IN

MIDI OUT

Technical specification

Power: 12V AC500mA (PSU included)

Dimensions: 27,50cm x 19,50cm x 9,00cm

(with packaging: 36,50cm x 23,00cm x 10,00cm)

Weight: 1,00kg (2,2lb)

(with packaging: 1,3kg (2,87lb))

Dimensions: 0 cm * 0 cm * 0 cm (0" * 0" * 0")

(with packaging: 0 cm * 0 cm * 0 cm (0" * 0" * 0"))

Weight: 0 kg (0 lb)

(with packaging: 0 kg (0 lb))

What's in the box

SID

Manual

Power Supply

p11.jpg

The Socksbox MK2 is the consequent onwards devolopment of the perfect TB-303 Clone. We have improved the production flow of this model and switched the production to exclusive 100% German hand made quality.

This fact will guarantte you a much better sound by full discrete analogue signal processing. We also guarantee that our chief technician will calibrate each unit personally and by hand to sound like a real TB-303. We will not release a unit for shipping before it sounds like the "real thing".

Addionally we have improved the quality of the pots, encoders, switches by only using components from the best suppliers, most of them from Germany.

We wish you a lot of fun with the new Socksox - the best 303-Clone ever made!

Features

100% analogue TB-303 circuitry

Additional Sequencer Functions

MIDI IN/OUT/THRU

SYNC OUT

USB

BANKLOADER

SOKKOS OS

CV/GATE

HEADPHONE OUT

MIX INPUT FOR AUDIO

YELLOW LED

• Members

Bild-1259_PSfrei1200.jpg

http://www.jomox.de/index.php?lang=2

"Moonwind Analog Filter Tracker

is a true analog stereo filter with built-in step sequencer, a fantastic sounding digital FX chip, 2 LFOs and envelope modulation.

Everything is storable and controllable via Midi.

And it sounds...awesome!

http://soundcloud.com/sonicyogi/moonwind-elektromoon

http://soundcloud.com/sonicyogi/moonwind-jazzastrato

http://soundcloud.com/sonicyogi/moonwind-noisemoon2

"

Archived