NAMM 2012

mildbill

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by xpander

View Post

ok, after seeing a few things while walking around NAMM, my best-of-show goes to the Make Noise DPO.

The features as described in this video sound interesting:

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2012/...e-new-modules/

Looking forward to better audio quality demos of the DPO. The Echophon is also cool.

Seeing modular stuff like this is what pushes me towards selling the Voyager and going 100% modular on the analog side of my synth collection. Don't get me wrong, a gifted programmer can coax the Voyager into a lot of interesting sonic territory. OTOH, the integration of digital digital sampling and other innovations into modular rigs in the Eurorack world can't be matched by Moog's stuff.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by goldphinga

View Post

DSI are working on the user sample import feature as we speak. It's all on the tempest forum. smile.gif

according to roger linn, they're looking into it but it's not 100% going to happen. he didn't really think the feature was that value-adding which i just find to be a shame. the Tempest really is fantastic looking hardware.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by scenicsquare

View Post

here's a mixer from Line 6 for people who are too stupid to know how to mix:

http://line6.com/stagescape-m20d/

please nobody buy that

I liked it just fine til I saw the price.

Sweetwater has it for $2,600! Good grief. Ok, you've won me over Jason. It's clearly for people with more money than sense.

The Mackie is much more reasonable at $999.

• Members

that mackie board does look useful, my pro audio roomies are already trying to order a few for their shop. i think we'll be seeing quite a few of those around in the near future. the bar sound guys will be running to purchase one i guarantee. they can just replace their existing mixer and keep the rest of their rig intact (which around here, means 4 alesis 3630s, a behringer virtualizer and an aural exciter in a dirty ass rack) - unlike with the line 6 which requires pretty much an entire system change, including speakers if you want the really cool features. the local soundguy would be loath to give up his tried n' true Peavey Black Widows, and our local craigslist has already hit the saturation limit with dirty soundguy rack gear. but i don't think the semi-pro gigging sound guy is the target market of the line 6? worship bands would be the most likely customers in my area i would think, given the price point.

i'll stop ragging on it now. i wasn't there for the demonstration or whatever. but that candy ass UI just makes me angry to look at.

• 10 months later...

Archived