NAMM 2012

mildbill

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What could be exciting about it? really? more ram , same polyphony bla bla bla bla .
I new app for the Ipad? really please? Jupiiter 8 not comming back, GX1 not comming back also ..

go and play with your keybaords already

P.S lets be realisitci about it . o but wait!!! theres the roland countdown !!!
sorry my mistake...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Conbrio View Post
The new Kurzweil K5000 with color touch screen, SSD, 12 synth engines (including a Hammond XK engine), KARMA, pads, wooden end cheeks, etc.

For $2995. icon_lol.gif
Street price more like $1999 with free Dave Weiser personal patch maker service 24x7... A real bargain I say...

• Members

Seriously though, I think KURZ will announce something and then release it in September or October. Roland is due for a new workstation and VK organ for sure. We will also see a new entry level something from Roland as well. The Temepst demos will be out and about.

Akai better get on the ball as well as Arturia. Messe seems to bring a lot more American and Japanese stuff these days instead of NAMM.

This is just a start.

• Members

This is like the 3rd or 4th NAMM I'm expecting an 88-key piano-action controller with excellent keybed and control wheels/joystick, knobs, slider, etc. Nothing yet. I guess they don't wanna do that 'cause they wanna force you to buy synths. Same with sound modules: goodbye racks frown.gif

But hey, rest assured that there will be plenty of MIDI controllers with mini keys. I'll actually expect microscopic ones, with a whopping 12 or 13 nanokeys. Prepare your Ph.D. in microbology and an M.S. in Laboratory Science, otherwise you won't be able to play/compose music. Blame it on the iPad generation? Yeah, people are starting to "compose" music with styli. I wouldn't be surprised if a "band" shows up on stage with iPads and iPhones one of these daysfacepalm.gif

The endangered species: KEYS!!!!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard

View Post

I am hoping Korg will have a hybrid synth, may be too early yet, but they keep bringing small Analog bits out so it can't be too long now.

Hybrid? I'm envisioning a "Monotron Pro" with three of those oscillators, a couple of filters, two LFOs, three EGs, a delay and little else. ALL ANALOG. No patch memory, not even MIDI. Put it in a box with a three-octave keyboard and wheels, sell it for $600 or so, and you'll have the ultimate fun synth. I'd buy it! smile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Mediterranean View Post
wtf?? lolol

Would you play on stage with those things?

For me, it would be a semi-perfect composition companion when one is on the go, on the train, plane, etc. I wouldn't go beyond that. And trust me, I have the thinnest fingers on the planet, lol.
Does the novelty of something dumb like this from a bunch of Apple fanboy hipsters make up for the uninteresting and rather bland rendition of a song that could have been better a million different ways?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by McHale

View Post

Does the novelty of something dumb like this from a bunch of Apple fanboy hipsters make up for the uninteresting and rather bland rendition of a song that could have been better a million different ways?

Did you hear the "guitar player" strumming those 2 repetitive chords backwards at 01:15mn? lol

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mediterranean

View Post

Did you hear the "guitar player" strumming those 2 repetitive chords backwards at 01:15mn? lol

I was so caught up in the moment about watching iphones and ipods performing music on a simulated iphone that I missed it. I'll have to re-watch again! smile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by marino View Post
Hybrid? I'm envisioning a "Monotron Pro" with three of those oscillators, a couple of filters, two LFOs, three EGs, a delay and little else. ALL ANALOG. No patch memory, not even MIDI. Put it in a box with a three-octave keyboard and wheels, sell it for $600 or so, and you'll have the ultimate fun synth. I'd buy it! smile.gif
If the idea was to get the price down, then you are right, they will be thinking this. Analog purists may love that too.

If the idea is to win the hearts and minds of the synth fraternity, then no Midi could be pushing it. No patch memory may be too far for some if the interface is pokey for quick visual patch assembly.

If it is cheap then no doubt people would still bolt on midi mods

I hope these parts (stuff they did recently) are just building bocks of a fuller synth with all the other great stuff they do (Valve force, VA, and SV1 coolness cool.gif)

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
If the idea was to get the price down, then you are right, they will be thinking this. Analog purists may love that too.

If the idea is to win the hearts and minds of the synth fraternity, then no Midi could be pushing it. No patch memory may be too far for some if the interface is pokey for quick visual patch assembly.

If it is cheap then no doubt people would still bolt on midi mods

I hope these parts (stuff they did recently) are just building bocks of a fuller synth with all the other great stuff they do (Valve force, VA, and SV1 coolness cool.gif)
Post edit,,,, my reference to SV1 is the vibe of the thing, layout in vintage style and focus on ''real affects'' sound routing, not suggesting they do a Hybrib that can do piano sounds... LOL

Archived