NAMM 2012

mildbill

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by evildragon

View Post

Actually it's 3-osc monophonic, with paraphonic mode, where all 8 voices share the same filter and amplifier and envelopes. So it's like on vintage string machines. Or Korg Poly800.

I am curious how that works. Personally, I have a Pulse Plus; but if I didn't, the Pulse 2 would be very interesting news indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by mildbill

View Post

Anyone familiar with this company/product?

Looks like it might be a good way to start a modular: http://pittsburghmodular.com/foundation/

I only have one of their modules (Audio Mixer / Attenuator), but they seem to have a good reputation in Muffwiggler...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gaul

View Post

Thoroughly surprised that Yamaha didn't change yet their MM6. IMHO It has no chance compared to what other brands are offering in that range, specially with 32 polyphony.

I agree.

The MM series is definitely "dead wood." The two new synths from Casio could very well rise to the top of anything in their price range.

• Members

holy crap i went to sleep and wake up and there are what.... one new analog, one new urine colored VA that i didn't know about yesterday! yes! NAMM!

RE: Pittsburgh Modular - i don't own any, but i've gone hands on with everything that he's made up until the new filter/fragment generator, met him at a meetup etc - i think it would be a _great_ way to get into modular, the pittsburgh stuff is really fantastic. a very good 'traditional' system available at low cost, and from a unique manufacturer who is just fantastic at customer support from what i've seen at muffs. honestly, there are very few manufacturers i'd tell anyone to steer clear of, they're all very nice and helpful.

i have to go fix an alarm, but when i get back i will resume my NAMMWATCH 2012 because it's the 19th and that's the official start, no?

• Members

it needs to be in this thread anyway

Sledge.png

phoca_thumb_l_sledge_perspective.jpg

For many synthesizer enthusiasts, it is the particular interaction of the sound engine and user interface that makes a great instrument. A quick look at Sledge shows you the generous set of controls available to interact directly with the sound engine. When you touch the knobs and switches of the front panel, you will instantly be aware of the meticulous attention to detail our engineers have refined, during many decades building the best electronic keyboards.

You will experience the logical set-up of the synthesizer modules, mirroring the signal flow of a classic analogue synthesizer. But what really distinguishes any synthesizer is its sound. Fortunately, our friends at Waldorf Music have happily shared their experience and know-how on this crucial part of the Sledge Synthesizer.

So we implanted the DSP heart of the latest Waldorf modelling technology into Sledge. The result: enough power to put the foundations of your studio seriously at risk! And plenty of detail, to create the richest analogue pads you could ever want. Besides the classic analogue synthesizer waveforms, you will find a complete set of Wavetables, derived directly from the mother of all digital synthesizers, the PPG Wave.

The sum of three fat oscillators, plus a Noise generator, are fed into Sledge's powerful multimode filter with selectable 24 / 12 dB slope. The highly recognizable Waldorf filter algorithms enable a wide variety of sounds, from smooth to harsh, from fat to distinct, from pure HiFi to badass brutal. Ultra-fast, accurate envelope generators deliver ballsy punch. Two LFOs plus 1 extra Wheel-LFO are on board to offer huge, yet easy to understand, modulation capabilities. And two built-in Effect units deliver sophisticated synthesizer effects, such as Chorus, Phaser and Flanger, as well as a rich Reverb or an analogue style Delay.

And the best part

Archived