just got pulled over for speeding yet again

JoshuaLogan

• Members

if only there was some way to tell how fast you were driving, like some device mounted in plain view that displayed speed... a "speed meter" if you will. such a device would make it extraordinarily easy to avoid speeding tickets. too bad nothing like that exists. :cry:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
if only there was some way to tell how fast you were driving, like some device mounted in plain view that displayed speed... a "speed meter" if you will. such a device would make it extraordinarily easy to avoid speeding tickets. too bad nothing like that exists.
:cry:

You had better get started on that. That's a novel idea - a million dollar idea, if you will. :thu:

• Members
I never have sympathy in cases like this. The best way to avoid a speeding ticket is ... here it comes ... wait for it ......... DON'T {censored}ING SPEED.

SPEED KILLS!!! :mad:

I've lost several friends to fast driving.

It's not worth it! :idea:

• Members

Good to check your speedo too.

I compared mine to the speed that my GPS (tom tom) gave me and my speedo is 5 mph over (shows 75 mph when I do 70 - same at 30 mph and 80 mph). Dunno why it doesn't show I'm doing 5 mph when I'm stationary though.

So I can drive at an (indicated) 35 or 75 in the 30 or 70 zones.

Also means my car tops out at 138 mph instead of the 143 that I thought ha ha.

• Members

A few years ago I got stopped for speeding. My wife and I just had Chinese about 2 hours before. Chinese doesn't really agree with me anyway and when I get nervous I get gas for some reason. When I seen the jerk was going to write me a ticket I let him have it. Our car stunk so bad my wife just about puked. {censored}ing cop earned that ticket writeup. :D

• Members

I keep getting away with drink driving..nevermind.

That's worse. a drunk driver slammed head first into my best friend in 1991...my friend was killed instantly. Speeding kills too, slow down once in a while..why were you driving so fast to begin with?

• Members
if only there was some way to tell how fast you were driving, like some device mounted in plain view that displayed speed... a "speed meter" if you will. such a device would make it extraordinarily easy to avoid speeding tickets. too bad nothing like that exists.

That's what we have here in England!:thu:
We got speed cameras EVERYWHERE, literally, and it usually says on the road, 100 metres, or more before it "speed camera up ahead". The cameras are automatic, so if they detect you driving above the limit, it takes a photo of your car's rear, so you can see the license plate, and you get a speed ticket later, in the mail.
I say it's just simpler to slow down, especially when you are warned that there's a speed camera.
Hamer

• Members

Oh Jeeze. That must've been you in front of me this morning! :mad:

:p

• Members

sorry to hear man

[asshole suit on...] but if you drive over the speed limit ya know it's bound to happen...leave your house a little sooner and slow the {censored} down, your bank account will be happier

give them a quick and easy guilty plea, they'll probably cut the fine and maybe the points

• Members

Good to check your speedo too.

I compared mine to the speed that my GPS (tom tom) gave me and my speedo is 5 mph over (shows 75 mph when I do 70 - same at 30 mph and 80 mph). Dunno why it doesn't show I'm doing 5 mph when I'm stationary though.

So I can drive at an (indicated) 35 or 75 in the 30 or 70 zones.

Also means my car tops out at 138 mph instead of the 143 that I thought ha ha.

Your GPS will be wrong. Depends on how many satellites are in the area, the angle of the satellite link etc... Basically that is just a best guess speed on your GPS. Cheers, Lucius

EDIT: my speed is always about 10% above. Sometimes I go faster on Highways. Guilty. I've been caught once and it made me slow down for an entire year. Figure its time to get caught again. PS: I never speed in school zones FWIW.

• Members
SPEED KILLS!!!
:mad:

I've lost several friends to fast driving.

It's not worth it!
:idea:

Speed doesn't kill....{censored}ty drivers do.

It annoys me how the entire country must be dumbed-down to the relative inadequacies of idiot drivers.

FYI...I never speed in neighborhoods and/or school zones. I do however, speed on the highways....I'm alert and safe....unlike MANY others driving the speed limit.

• Members

Not the lawyers that I know....

But I know that in Minnesota, you can usually go to traffic court and keep the ticket off of your record if you pay the fine immediately without having to hire a lawyer.

I got a ticket for going 50 in a 35 (leaving the airport - it's a freeway quality road, and the limit is not posted well at all), and was given the option to go to class to clear my record. After finding out that my insurance only went up $10/month (and that only lasted a year), I did some math and decided my time was worth more than that and paid.

• Members

It annoys me how the entire country must be dumbed-down to the relative inadequacies of idiot drivers.

FYI...I never speed in neighborhoods and/or school zones. I do however, speed on the highways....I'm alert and safe....unlike MANY others driving the speed limit.

Werd. If Im on a highway, backroad, in the middle of nowhere, with no other cars on the road, you think Im driving 60 mph? {censored} that, Im at 90 mph taking curves like I own 'em pretending Im 12 years old playing Need For Speed again. :D

• Members

I got a ticket for going 50 in a 35 (leaving the airport - it's a freeway quality road, and the limit is not posted well at all), and was given the option to go to class to clear my record. After finding out that my insurance only went up $10/month (and that only lasted a year), I did some math and decided my time was worth more than that and paid.

A lot of times, traffic court in MN will say "pay your fine, and don't get another ticket in a year, and we'll keep it off of your record", which is easy enough to do.

• Members

I agree with everything said here. I would have said, "Speed doesn't kill, stopping suddenly does", but you make a better point. Personally, I'd love to see a higher standard for getting a license, and a road re-test to keep it every five years.

• Members

worst part is I had a bowl in the car and it was spotted. I about {censored} myself wondering what was going to happen, but he let me off and just made me break it on the road... no fines or punishment for that... thank {censored}ing god.

still though. $200 and 4 more points on the license is an extremely {censored}ty way to start off my first day of summer break. (lastnight was my last class of the semester at college)

so, once again.....

{censored}

Damn dude......you lucked out that you didn't get pinched for the pipe. I would just be glad that didn't happen and chaulk it up as a reminder to keep your {censored} on the DL and slow down. I never take paraphanalia out with me in my car anymore. If I take any weed at all I'll make sure it's just a joint or smoke out before I leave the house. Sucks to get a ticket though, they are starting to get real expensive here in Texas.

• Members

What the hell is a bowl? A bong?

A pipe.

Jeez, some of you guys act like you drive the limit at all times, and I find that hard to believe.

If you drive 60MPH some places around here (Cleveland) you'll get your ass run over. If you drive with the flow, they will STILL pick you out with laser and you'll get a ticket. Sometimes its like you cannot win!

However, any type of speeding off the highway is pretty inexcusable, and since I have two little kids, one of whom goes to kindergarten, I'm glad our city patrols the {censored} out of the school zones. It amuses me to no end when people are all pissed at me for going 20MPH in a school zone for 50 yards and they roar past me only to get lit up the next instant.

• Members

You should drive the speed limit. It's the law, and a very good one! :thu:
I would consider people who drive very fast to be idiot drivers.
Your chances for survival on the highway are better if your not speeding.
You never know when a deer of some other large animal may dart out in front of you.
I see no point in speeding!

• Members
You should drive the speed limit. It's the law, and a very good one!
:thu:
I would consider people who drive very fast to be idiot drivers.

Your chances for survival on the highway are better if your not speeding.

You never know when a deer of some other large animal may dart out in front of you.

I see no point in speeding!

There were statistics posted not to long ago on accidents on the Autobahn vs US Highways....the Autobahn was safer despite the ridiculous speeds.

You know why?

Better more competent drivers.

If you don't feel safe or are incompetent then that's fine...please stay in the right lane.

Archived